Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Battery warning

20

It would be very helpful to have a battery warning alert to avoid the Deluge suddenly switching off without warning. I received my unit yesterday and the only time I could try it out was late before going to bed. So I was siting on my bed jamming when suddenly the Deluge ran out of battery and switched itself of.

Perhaps a warning could be implemented where the Deluge flashes all LED's (and does not respond to used action) for a few seconds when there is a certain amount of time remaining (5 minutes?). That would be enough to allow saving and hooking it up to a power supply before it's too late. Alternatively perhaps the Deluge could perform an auto-save of it's current state before it runs out of power although that might be a lot more difficult to implement.

Comments

  • 0

    I noticed that while charging the deluge only takes 250mA meaning it will take 6-8 hours to recharge, is there way (mod) to get deluge to charge faster ?

  • 0

    Out of interest was that with USB? I am getting a a 9V 1000mAh wall wart in the hope that it will speed up the charging process.

  • 0

    does charging shut-down automatically when complete or do we have to keep an eye on it?

  • 0

    Yes it does with this kind of battery it needs to

  • 2
    rohanrohan Staff

    The LED next to the power inputs turns red when the battery is low. And yes, charging terminates automatically when the battery is full - at which point the LED will turn green.

  • 2
    edited May 2017

    @funkymothers said:
    Out of interest was that with USB? I am getting a a 9V 1000mAh wall wart in the hope that it will speed up the charging process.

    funkymothers ... nice to see somebody with similar interests :) Get this on amazon ... you can charge deluge while playing 5 times via simple USB cable

    https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Compact-High-speed-Technology/dp/B0194WDVHI

    Post edited by funktree on
  • 0

    @rohan said:
    The LED next to the power inputs turns red when the battery is low. And yes, charging terminates automatically when the battery is full - at which point the LED will turn green.

    Thanks for your reply, Rohan. I did not notice the battery LED changing as I was too immersed in making music. Perhaps this feature might still be useful as it would provide a final warning to save one's work before it's too late.

  • 0

    funkymothers ... nice to see somebody with similar interests :) Get this on amazon ... you can charge deluge while playing 5 times via simple USB cable

    https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Ultra-Compact-High-speed-Technology/dp/B0194WDVHI

    Thanks for the recommendation, funktree - that looks like a great device!

  • 0

    @rohan said:
    The LED next to the power inputs turns red when the battery is low. And yes, charging terminates automatically when the battery is full - at which point the LED will turn green.

    Rohan, any chance that this could be changed in future updates so that the LED flashes red as a low battery indicator instead of being static? It's such a small LED and at a 'normal' viewing angle it's not that easy to see (also partly obscured by one of the knobs).

  • 1
    rohanrohan Staff

    @neilbaldwin said:

    Rohan, any chance that this could be changed in future updates so that the LED flashes red as a low battery indicator instead of being static? It's such a small LED and at a 'normal' viewing angle it's not that easy to see (also partly obscured by one of the knobs).

    Not a bad idea... perhaps a fast-blink when the battery gets extra-low. Let me sleep on it :)

  • 0

    @rohan said:

    @neilbaldwin said:

    Rohan, any chance that this could be changed in future updates so that the LED flashes red as a low battery indicator instead of being static? It's such a small LED and at a 'normal' viewing angle it's not that easy to see (also partly obscured by one of the knobs).

    Not a bad idea... perhaps a fast-blink when the battery gets extra-low. Let me sleep on it :)

    That'd be super handy

  • 1
    MyrkMyrk Taunton, UK
    edited October 2017

    Would be even better to have the screen flash BATT a few times when it's about 5 mins off failing. That would REALLY grab your attention then. I have a habit of ignoring small flashing red LED's, especially as my JD-XA is a sea of red flashing lights!

    By the way a hardware suggestion for the next device you guys make - don't recess RGB led's - at the standard seated 30-45 degree angle looking at the deluge you can't see the LED as yellow because the red sub LED in the RGB is not visible, only from directly above. As a result I have to peer over my Deluge to check if the light is green or still yellow.

    Post edited by Myrk on
  • 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 0

    @funkymothers said:
    Out of interest was that with USB? I am getting a a 9V 1000mAh wall wart in the hope that it will speed up the charging process.

    yes USB sorry for late response

  • 0

    This has been SOLVED in the newest update that's in beta testing right now :)

This discussion has been closed.