Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

how to change kit sound pitch in sequence?

and stay in scale... is it possible? i know it is i just cant remember how... looked in the manual and cant find it.

i posted and you had to read it. get over it.

Comments

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, Germany
    You just have to do it by ear using the custom 1 gold knob per sample I believe.
    alien_brainalien_brain this side of common sense

doh! really? wow man that should change... i think it would be useful if transposition could be optionally restricted to a scale per step in kit mode. it would also be basic to see the parameter value printed to screen? hope that one makes sense. gosh that should happen by default for all parameters. sorta makes it hard to be precise quickly or have a reference for application outside of the deluge.

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff

Thought I should just add that transposition doesn't have to be done by ear - you can view how much you're transposing by through the shortcut system on the edit pads. Try shift-pressing OSC1/Transpose down in the bottom left-hand corner, then use the select knob to change the pitch in semitones ;)

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, Germany
    @Sam but can you record the automation of the transposition done that way? I thought you could only record the automation changes through the gold knobs. Or did I misunderstand the OP?

you can not do this per step afaik. thats the goal here

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff

@alien_brain @MatthewGeorge

Sorry, I should have been clearer! You're correct in that there's no way to view the number and record automation at the same time. At the moment that would have to be by ear. It's a good feature request, though!

rohan says you should map velocity to transpose and then you have chromatic control and you can see the values.