Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Saving midi mapping to kit and synth presets

It would be great to be able to midi map my external midi controllers and save their mapping to all the kits and synths so that when you load a kit in a new song your kits are already midi mapped.

Comments

lowandslowlowandslow United StatesPosts: 29

I just hooked up my Novation Circuit Mono Station (via midi) to my Deluge... it took me 15 minutes to map everything (cutoff, ADSR, etc.)... I would love this feature! I guess the only way to do this effectively for now is to create a "blank" song that is already mapped to a particular device?

hurphendalehurphendale PragueBeta Tester Posts: 41

Instead of having to enter into a track to tweak it on a controller, wouldn't it be better to have a collection of preset mappings that you can assign to specific tracks as you want? If you have something like the Akai MIDIMix you want to assign portions of it to various different tracks, not the whole thing to one single track.
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/2642/midi-mapping-templates-assignable-to-instruments-clips

LukreeLukree Posts: 11

As we can have Synth or Kit presets, could the midi and cv tracks work the same way? So - I could have a midi preset per synth. All premapped the way I like. These mappings could be shared between community. In no time there would be a nice preset for all common synths.