Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Improve transpose - visual cues and true transpose

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184

I like transpose but I believe we need a way to see what we are doing visually, such as +1 +2 etc or -1 -2 showing on the LED. Also it would be very nice if when we are transposing that it would actually transpose the notes themselves really showing this moving up or down , instead of whatever it is doing behind the scenes. Makes it very difficult to transpose phrases blindly. Thanks for considering!

Comments

HorstmaistaHorstmaista Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 56
    Yes! And maybe even add a transpose track. It's notes would define the offset (based on C3). Each track would have a setting to follow the transpose track or not.
    FASTFAST CaliforniaPosts: 47

I struggle in this area too. I mostly would like to see visual feedback of what key my parts are transposed to.

DillonDillon SeattleBeta Tester Posts: 4

Big +1 to visual indicator. Showing the semitones on the 7-segment display would be great. Right now it's pretty easy to miscount clicks of the encoder.

cypher79cypher79 UKPosts: 157

Use the Transpose pad if you want +1 -1...etc, the buttons at the gold knobs generally don't display any visual indication when adjusted.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

good call, no upvote from me for this though:
    i dont use the clip transpose function a lot. if scale is active and if you transpose by semitones (shift + push + turn) it changes all clips.
    instead when i want to transpose i use copy and paste, paste can transpose too. i'd love to see on the display by how much a copied set of notes gets transposed on paste. when holding shift+learn and when having a copy buffer the display could show the transpose factor and the division factor (paste spreads or squeezes the buffer across the visible screen)

JonHJonH United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 13

Couldn't find elsewhere so adding here - per note transpose in Kits (hold grid note and turn gold knob is only way I believe) needs visual display to make it more user friendly via LCD display ideally. And/Or Hold & Turn Gold Knob for fine tune mode so can hear and count out semitones easily.