Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Delay times please include dotted variants

Is it possible to include dotted times for synced delays (eg dotted 8th notes, dotted 16th notes). Stuff like 3/8's would also be great.

You could show it on the display by lighting up the dot after 8th, for example

Comments

poldensteinpoldenstein italyPosts: 39

+1

EddyEddy ColognePosts: 232

oh yes, i dream of it every night :-)

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyPosts: 227

This is a very old request. Here's at least one of them, go up vote that one. :wink:
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/270/triplet-sync-options#latest

PuppeteerPuppeteer Perth, West OzPosts: 32

That thread is for triplets, which are different (and IMHO less useful) to dotted notes, but yeah, more delay sync times. Upvoted anyway.

CassidySCassidyS United StatesPosts: 4

+1

sblnsbln BerlinPosts: 1

+1

ELEVENELEVEN Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 50

+11

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichPosts: 41
    edited January 31

You can kinda dial in dotted eighths by dialing them in on the gold knobs, but since it falls in between the #s on the black stepped rotary encoder, it's a little awkward.

It would be very nice to have it as a simple option to get it right on without fiddling: Dotted eigths are my favorite delay. So +1.

Post edited by hexagon5un on

+1
    Yeah. And dots are already there on the screen, too :)

NRuckNRuck UKPosts: 72

You can dial in specific dotted and triplet delays fairly accurately with the delay (bottom) button of the delay effect column. Un-labelled third button down sets rate of delay (set to 16th as default) and bottom button defaults to value of 25. Experimenting with that value will get you your dotted eights / triplets much more accurately than attempting this with the gold knobs. I agree it would be good to have dotted and triplets as standard delay options though.

From memory I think setting the value to 21 at your chosen delay rate gives you either dotted or triplets, I can’t recall which right now...