Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Grain Sampler

Even a very basic granular sampler would add a lot of sonic potential to the on-board synthesizer. Does the Deluge have enough juice for those types of algorithms?

Am I missing some kind of LFO or delay trick to achieve similar results?

Comments

For now, you CAN use the stutter effect - catch a piece of audio (press in the gold knob), crank it right up and then resample the output (shift+Record) :)

FASTFAST California

The single-cycle waveform approach...not bad. I'm sure that some interesting results can be had this way but it will be a far cry from the glorious organic pads and atmospheres that can be had with algorithms.

amiga909amiga909 Switzerland

More synthesis methods would be very cool. Granular and Physical Modelling would be my top picks. Or maybe because Deluge is a sample based machine (for me), I'd go for stuff the Roland V-Synth can do (Variphrase, stuff like formant control).
    However, a full fledged granular synth is likely overkill, the Deluge is not a flagship synth à la Kronos, Montage.. On the other hand it is Rohan, he might surprise us again..

As requested elsewhere, modulation of Sample Start/End would give us loads of "grain-ish" effects, really hope this is coming up.
    For glitchy/grainy stuff, got some interesting results when fiddling with extreme timestretch settings and resampling.

plus 1 for some basic granular stuff :)

The CPU demand for a granular oscillator should mainly depend on the number of grains it can simultaneously produce at a given sample rate. With the Deluge’s impressive number of synth or sampler voices one could think that 8 voices of 16 grain oscillators at full SR should be possible. But that estimation may be far off! ;–)

Hardware granular synths are sparse as software has the edge here so if the Deluge added that to its feature set, it would further distinguish itself.

The more I think about it, the more important this feature becomes to me. I've been watching those "TastyChips GR-1" videos-- and the possibilities of granular sampling are INCREDIBLE. I think this should be 2.1 material. HUGE.

intowhiteintowhite las vegas

some kind of whacky v-synth type synthesis would indeed be dope

minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usa

+1

I sort of mentioned this in another thread, but I would love it if Mutable Instruments' Clouds software were ported to the Deluge. I like the way this guy runs a random arp through it (starts around 2:58):

Drawing custom curves on the pads for envelopes would be handy. This VST has some interesting ideas that could certainly be implemented:

EarthCryEarthCry Asheville NC

+1