machine resetting when i touch it

several times my machine has totally power cycled when i touched a knob or the metal case. its usually after its been on all night. it just happened 2 times in a row. is anybody else experiencing this?

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayPosts: 230

Ain't heard of this before! If the problem persists, send a mail to the main developer: rohan@synthstrom.com

alien_brainalien_brain DetroitPosts: 139

it is rather dry here. i wonder if static electricity has anything to do with it. my cats are constantly shocking me. i have a humidifier going 24/7 too. would a static charge reset the machine?

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayPosts: 230

I don't know, maybe @Sam does?

Sounds like it COULD be possible

maybe there needs to be isolation from the circuit with plastic knobs, nylon hardware connecting the case to the PCBs, and a ground wire added from the case to the power plug/usb/midi/audio cables? im no electronics designer but that seems logical. do these things exist already?

i wonder if the midi input is opto-isolated. im assuming yes because its a standard way to do midi input.

rohanrohan Posts: 46Staff

Hey alien_brain, which knob is it that touching resets the unit? Shoot me an email, rohan@synthstrom.com, and we'll be able to work out a solution.

hi there rohan. i sent you that email.

btw did you have a chance to look at my song mode idea thread?

this doesnt happen now that i plugged my entire studio into a UPS power supply from the local office supply store. :D

i was wrong this happened a number of times recently. i think it has something to do with static electricity. should a static charge reset the deluge?

it happens when i touch the volume knob

rohanrohan Posts: 46Staff

That sounds very strange. I've just sent you an email.