Move useful content away from Facebook

Sometimes I read that many discussion is done on this closed platform, sometimes even in closed groups. Is there any good reason for this? I suggest moving all this stuff to this forum so that everyone with an email address and a browser can participate. (In the meaning of: without having a social network account)

Post edited by Klaustrophil on
Tagged:

Comments

FASTFAST CaliforniaPosts: 31
    edited January 8

Every member of the closed FB group owns a Deluge. I hope it stays that way.

Post edited by FAST on

I see your point and it's reasonable for avoid spam and such. But this isn't my point. It's about owning a social network account.
    Despite that I don't know what's the current practice of member verification here but banning interested people (aka future customers) completely from the forums could be a bad idea.

MatthewGeorgeMatthewGeorge Cologne, GermanyPosts: 135

@Klaustrophil
    +1
    I think that the firmware testing is good to be in a controlled environment and I guess facebook was just the easiest option. Maybe this could change in the future, but for me that's not such a big deal.

But the rest of it... user questions, discussions etc are better being on a forum which others can read and can be read by search engines. That's important.
    Because if I was looking at buying a Deluge I would want to read everything I could beforehand and I wouldn't fucking do that on fucking facebook.
    I would use a search engine and end up here.

22tape22tape Posts: 11
    I’m Facebook clean for almost two years. Recently deleted my Twitter account too. I don’t have an Instagram account, or any others. It’s so glorious, peeps. Almost zero negative energy in my life, and my productivity has been through the roof. But yeah, more action here on the forums would be great :)
    @22tape productivity is what it's all about. I bought this machine to get away from having to use a computer all the time. Like so many others too.
    alien_brainalien_brain DetroitPosts: 139

i agree +1

22tape22tape Posts: 11

@MatthewGeorge absolutely!

just_jamminjust_jammin NetherlandsPosts: 1

Totally agree. Would hate to have to create a FB account just to read some useful tips...

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, GermanyPosts: 26

same here. please move to the forum .. Take facebook for Promotion .. :)

For beta testing and discussing you can make a hidden subforum with invite.

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

sgsrulessgsrules usPosts: 12

I agree.

Eventhough I have a facebook account, one of the only times I've logged into over the past year or so was to check the Synthstrom Deluge groups. I'd rather that i never have to log into it again.

EddyEddy ColognePosts: 20

I agree, because there is no facebook in my life!

mbangmbang Gothenburg, SwedenPosts: 12

+1, i have avoided facebook for so long, don´t need that kind of silly disruption in my life.

GibbousHominidGibbousHominid USAPosts: 23

Pretty please. I don't want to ever agree to Facebook's terms of use.

teamothteamoth Bristol UKPosts: 2
    There’s just one thing I dislike about the Deluge and that’s facebook.
    minigoatminigoat cincinnati ohio usaPosts: 46
    Agree. Fb is too random. I like how everything Deluge is organized here, search bar ect.
    Yeah... There's a search bar here. I wish more people would use it before posting firmware suggestions. :smiley: