Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

very impressed

deluge covers a lot of bases in a small form factor and good price point. it seriously competes with corporate products and its evident that it has the love and dedication corporate products often seem to lack. im impressed with the attention to detail. bravo! i love mine.

Sam

Comments

alien_brainalien_brain this side of common sense

the note tail/effect tail cutoff with song change/track mute is a major impediment however.. also the lack of a proper song mode. these 2 things are imho a necessity to any standalone machine with a sequencer intended for use as an all in one. i wish there were some indication of this reality before i spent the money.

Dude. Updates are coming :) Next one is right around the corner. It's not a finished box you've bought, you've bought a software license to something that is continuously developed in correspondance with the user base, like no other box out there

true. ok waiting on that. guess i didnt see much involvement from the creators regarding those 2 issues so was unsure of their interest.

They're very much aware of the issue. And I've been informed that at least song mode upgrades won't be in this next imminent release, which will however feature note probability, among other things. That's the thing - the requests with the most votes here on the forum are most likely to be implemented first, and note probability (conditions) and automation of start/end are at the very top of the list as of now :)

start end automation is awesome stuff but probability... ill never use it. but its cool. it needs more time. i dig it.

amiga909amiga909 Switzerland

@alien_brain said:
    the note tail/effect tail cutoff with song change/track mute is a major impediment however.. also the lack of a proper song mode. these 2 things are imho a necessity to any standalone machine with a sequencer intended for > use as an all in one. i wish there were some indication of this reality before i spent the money.

The note tail cut bothers. Not a real show stopper for me though. It is weird I can set a note to continue at the end of a track but only if I dont switch that track. At least cloned tracks should be able to handle note offs from a previous track.
    As for the effect tail. I just add an empty clone. Works for me at least to control the presence of the effect tail easily and I like to have the option to mute the tail. As proposed I would appreciate dearly a setting (even per track if possible). Also, if we could treat the Global insert effects as send effects, so each track had dictinct send parameters for each Global effect, I can see more interesting ways to handle transitions and effect tails. Other story :)

Thus I am unsure of what this missing “indication of this reality” would mean :) a misleading manual? Fair enough, the Deluge has many ways of song composing (sections, sub songs, resampling). This is one of the best machines I have bought in years,

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, Germany

@amiga909 said:

This is one of the best machines I have bought in years,

totally agree.. i love it

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

edited December 2017

right.

Post edited by alien_brain on
    amiga909amiga909 Switzerland

@alien_brain no offense, sorry if u felt i am after you.. u have pointed out many good points and I think we both just care about the Deluge a lot :smile: btw, u are from the city I admire the most musically.

Respect :)

youre welcome to visit and see for yourself that its like most other places. ill even give you a couch to crash on. techno was based on house music and comic books. its a fantasy world created by agenda driven individuals who spread a fantasy narrative. not all of course. i wont get into who is who tho. just know that wherever you come from is just as valid and potentially inspiring and that your circumstance is not on a hierarchy according to anything. in the words of flava flav, dont believe the hype! also remember that any detroit techno export wanted to get out and move to where you are! if that tells you anything about how they love their home. be proud of the place where you come from or just be realistic and put the work in. all people and places have a valid story and we as humans have a responsibility to record it for posterity.

ok i tend to rant a lot on a few subjects.

yeah the deluge is pretty close to the ideal piece of gear in my estimation. i would only wish for a larger version, at least 4 times larger and with a proper screen but i do like it how it is now. im very critical but honest regarding gear and most other things in my life i suppose. its not personal if i say something that sounds negative regarding gear. i say plenty of positive things too. not trying to be pompous, just real.

after uploading stems from my DAW creations, im convinced this thing will have a place in my setup for a long time.

Good shit :)

@alien_brain said:
    deluge covers a lot of bases in a small form factor and good price point. it seriously competes with corporate products and its evident that it has the love and dedication corporate products often seem to lack. im impressed with the attention to detail. bravo! i love mine.

agreed!

Alien Brain said: Deluge covers a lot of bases in a small form factor, good price point, seriously competes with corporate products, evident that it has the love and dedication corporate products lack

yeah but once the truth became apparent, my opinion shrank from this point to where it is now. beware of the box stuck in the quagmire of rudimentary capability

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, Germany
    just sell it.

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b