Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

Battery is dead

Hi

On my Deluge the battery is not working anymore. I loaded it for about 4 hours throu the USB port. LED was blinking green and yellow. Switching it on doesn't work. When i connect it back on USB power it starts.
Also i observed the last time i used the battery it wasn't holding for long time. It was not more than 1,5 hours.

Is simply the battery dead or is it perhaps another issue?

Comments

MetunarMetunar Switzerland

Strange, i switched it on again without external power and it starts normaly?!?

Let's see how long this will work.

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff

Hey @Metunar! Sorry I didn't see this post sooner!

How is your battery holding up now? Are you still experiencing this problem? The kind of battery is a Li-Ion 18650 that's fairly common, relatively cheap and available through a number of outlets. Let me know if you're having any trouble finding a place and I try can point you in the right direction.

Alternatively, if you are already using a new battery, has the problem gone away?

mbangmbang Gothenburg, Sweden

I´ve had some weird battery issues aswell, but suddenly it´s ok again.
    The device went black / dead for a while after being left on overnight and connected to USB power, and to the rest of my studio equipment. In the morning i found it lit up, but unresponsive and some weird noise sounding from it. Unplugged it and restarted which worked once but with buggy behaviour. Switched it off and let if charge normally (usb adapter straight from the wall power) and after a few hours it started normally.
    Since then i have only charged it from power socket via USB adapter, and don´t leave it on for lengths of time.
    No problems after that.

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff

Hey @mbang! Thanks for that, I'll let Rohan know about it and get back to you if he has any recommendations :)

Hi, I had exactly the same problem. The deluge didn't switch without external power and when it was plugged all i got was a red/green blinking led. I fixed it by cleaning the battery contact with 90 degree alcohol. It's a common problem with battery related gear.
    Also I "killed" a battery because I try to reload it but it was already 90% charge. as a result the battery lasted one hour.

mbangmbang Gothenburg, Sweden

@Sam said:
    Hey @mbang! Thanks for that, I'll let Rohan know about it and get back to you if he has any recommendations :)

Hey Sam, sounds great. I´m happy to help if you need more info or testing. Keep up the good work you guys! :)

alien_brainalien_brain yer moms house

happening here too.

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandStaff

The battery is a standard 18650, should be easy to pick up locally for anyone. Like this: https://www.batteryjunction.com/lg-d1-18650.html
    Installation takes a few minutes, instructions here:

ive had it literally like 2 months or so. do batteries go that fast?

Depends on how its used, environmental factors, not all batteries are equal, etc. Three and a half months in your case is certainly on the lower side from what we'd expect with normal usage.

3 and a half? that long? ok well it works now but the only one i found was a mm longer than the stock one. there seems to be some overcharging protective circuit. it was the only one i could find locally. good thing i wasnt booked this weekend!

fluteheadflutehead Frankfurt, Germany

I had similar issues. My theory is that the battery is only charged when the device is powered off. When working with it on external power, the LED switches to yellow after a couple of hours. I keep it now connected after shutting down, and did not experience any breakdowns.

YogiYogi Germany

Some more technical data would be helpful. o:)

i think they wish the battery problem would go away. it might be nice if they told us how to properly charge the unit.

dest4bdest4b Frankfurt, Germany
    edited March 25

i charge only with USB via USB powersupply. never had problems.

do you think there is a general batery problem ? how much deluges are sold? And how much complains about their battery. Of course nobody is normally writing if the battery is in propper condition?

how you write it it sounds like there are 12 or 33 happy deluge users with working battery and 500 had problems

Post edited by dest4b on

www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

edited March 25
    There is no battery problem that we are aware of. There is plenty of info online about battery life and how to maximise it. Stuff like this: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Prolong-the-Life-of-an-18650-Battery/
    Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on

well you know people... you gotta spell it out for them. not to mention there are a few things that nobody could know without being told. you should assume that people are from mars and have never seen or used a battery. i mean my ios devices just work, and i treat them the same as my deluge. yet my deluge has problems. like when does my deluge charge, when its plugged in and on? or only when its off? who knows really, we havent been instructed. oh btw the manual has no page numbers yo.

You should use a USB power adapter .. maybe best with 1A ? i think 500ma of your Apple Notebook USB port is not enough to play with the deluge and charging ?

I have always used USB to charge and also i am using it, but never had problems.

What kind of power adapter do you use ?

Pagenumbers.. blah.

does it matter how i charge it? oh really? where does it say so? i cant find it in the manual. btw there are no page numbers in the manual. i have a lot of usb peripherals. do i need to use usb to charge it? or can i use the dc plug? is there a functional difference? maybe THIS should be mentioned in the manual. if i must use the usb port to charge it properly then this is something i might need to know because its not self evident. i thought i was doing it right.

edited March 27

Of course USB will charge your deluge.
    But if you use a 500mah USB power adapter or your Computer USB port i think 500ma could be to low for charging and Using the deluge with full LED brightness.

yes and there are no Page Numbers .. do you have your deluge to make music ? Do you need Page numbers ?
    A Manual for charging ? There is a USB Plug.. use USB to charge it . .that works !
    Of course you can use the DC plug because there is a DC 9-12 V Plug .. what do you mean this plug is purposed for ? OMG ! for Charging !

So com on .. charge your deluge and make music.

But i think i wont answer your postings in the future.. i only get high pulse.

Post edited by dest4b on

good because id rather some guy as yourself said rtfm... hahahaha

oh and btw i dont feel shame so you might as well find some other cause to champion.