Open source firmware

I see lots of cool ideas here and as a developer I'd love to help out. Open source firmware is a major reason why I bought a Launchpad Pro and it always makes a purchase much easier. By letting users tinker with the firmware you'd make this awesome groovebox even more powerful.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayPosts: 262

I don't think Rohan wants that tho. This project is his brainchild and personal journey to master his craft.
    From what I understand anyway :)

I agree to both

roferrofer Posts: 5

Yeah, I figured it's a long shot, but it's not like that takes anything away from the code that's written. If it's open-sourced then everyone can see what went into it.

I know Novation open-sourced the Launchpad Pro firmware (which was a major reason why I bought it) and DJ Tech Tools have opened some of the source to some of their controllers, but I realize there's a big difference between open sourcing something like a MIDI controller vs. a whole groovebox like the Deluge.

Still though, I can dream.

Yes dream boldly and brightly!

Rumor has it that he's onto some superduper wizard code he's been developing for years, still perfecting it, and maybe he doesn't want to openly expose/share that, not yet at least :)

Certainly Rohan built the very first deluge for himself and has diligently included any subsequent upgrades-- but for all intents and purposes, he's a CEO of a corporation now. All the other deluges are for "us". I suspect in less than a decade, he'll be thinking about hiring developers, designers, engineers. Fresh eyes, minds and blood in the company gene pool. Synthstrom Audible must eventually diversify the product line because the current hardware WILL come up against some hard limits that competitor's "products-to-be" will eventually surpass.

Once he HAS mastered it, we'll see what he decides to do :)