Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deleting all sequenced notes in a track

ThibautThibaut London, UKPosts: 1

Is it possible to delete all sequenced notes in a track (not deleting the track)? I imagine that would be useful when trying to live record something and doing multiple takes. I've been through the user manual but can't see any way to do it.

Comments

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

There isn't currently this option, but we understand the interest in it.

HorstmaistaHorstmaista Los AngelesBeta Tester Posts: 56

Maybe also the separate option to delete all sequenced automation.
    So basically have three options
    delete automation / delete automation & notes / delete track

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

There is currently a delete automation option I believe? I think you hold down record and then press the gold knob responding to the parameter you just added - but double-check the manual for clarity.

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Just confirming what Ian was saying - there definitely is a delete automation command that can be accessed through shift-pressing the gold knob that's automated. As for deleting all notes in a sequence quickly, personally I find the best way is to zoom out as far as it can go so you only have to move vertically to delete all the coloured pads. This also has an advantage in long sequences, allowing you to delete a lot of notes hidden in lower subdivisions in one go :)

rpc9943rpc9943 New York usaBeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 184
    I certainly hope this is implrmented soon because it is inconsistent to have a duplicate feature and not a note clear. Especially when making huge amounts of notes in a single pattern.
    muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128
    Yeah, I think what's really needed is an 'undo record' command that removes all notes and automation since 'record' was last pressed. I'm finding the lack of this extremely frustrating. Delete all notes would also be very useful.

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

liquidfunkliquidfunk Oakland, CAPosts: 1

Adding a 'undo record' command would certainly improve workflow for an instrument that is quite powerful and intuitive. I have had my deluge for two days. Within the first hours of use, I searched for this function.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Very true, this would be highly practical

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

This discussion has been closed.