Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Sync parameters for cloned clips

Suppose I clone a clip and, in addition to changeing the sequence, I change various parameters (level, filters, reverb etc.). Then later I want to use the same parameters on both clips again, while leaving the sequences as the currently are.

How can I 'sync' the parameters? Do I have to go through their numeric values, note them down, and manually apply them to the other linked clips?

I tried saving a new sub-preset (e.g. 164b), but the parameters like (filter, level etc) don't seem to be applied to the other clip.

Comments

MaxOSMaxOS Los AngelesPosts: 50
    edited February 2021

Do I have to go through their numeric values, note them down, and manually apply them to the other linked clips?

Unfortunately, yes. There are weird workarounds, but none of them are very reliable or convenient.

Post edited by MaxOS on

Thanks. I'm guessing the workarounds are meddling with the XML. Been mucking around, agree it seems unreliable and inconvenient.

MaxOSMaxOS Los AngelesPosts: 50

Most of the workarounds I've tried involved saving the preset with parameter changes into a new preset slot and trying to get the other clone tracks to load the updated preset. It's hard because the other clones insist on keeping the original parameter settings even though the screen shows the new preset name.

KenoubiKenoubi United StatesBeta Tester Posts: 46

Yeah, it's probably the single worst thing about the mostly amazingly awesome Deluge. I haven't had much trouble getting changes to "stick" across clips, but using this kind of workaround completely trashes any automation you might have recorded on any of the clips :/

It's been extensively discussed on the forums already. Not sure why Synthstrom hasn't acknowledged this as a major pain point, although fixing it is certainly non-trivial if you want to let people who like / are used to the current behavior continue using it the way they do.