Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Display GIF Images

FASTFAST CaliforniaPosts: 47

With all of those RGB LED's, it seems like the Deluge ought to do all kinds of psychedelic animations. How about a boot screen and a sleep mode that we can make our own GIFs for.

Comments

HDMFHDMF Wellington, NZBeta Tester Posts: 1

I'm less gung-ho about gifs but given the resolution of the pads it does seem like there's an opportunity to use that as a secondary display in certain circumstances. Just what those circumstances are I have no idea but once my unit arrives I'm intrigued to see what comes to mind

muleskinnermuleskinner Bath, UKModerator Posts: 128

Haha - yeah, I do a lot of pixel art! There are tons of things I'd rather have though!

The circuit uses the pads as a display sometimes doesn't it? This could be useful. You could get another four characters of legible text on the pads.

Noise, Noodles and Doodles: http://bit.ly/mrjonesthebutcher

MyrkMyrk Bristol, UKPosts: 93

Yer I'm surprised the turn on procedure isn't more animated, given how beautiful the pads look when you go between different screens! +1 for being able to add a 16x8 gif into a "boot" + "screensaver" folder for those purposes.