β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Track freeze on larger sd card 3.14 - 3.15

Mr_ForkMr_Fork North DakotaPosts: 59

Hello,

I recently bought 128GB Sandisk. It's an SDXC 150mb/s. I had seen that the larger cards have been working for people so I thought I'd give it a shot. I formatted it to fat32 using EaseUS partition master as recommended by another forum post. I also downloaded the factory folders and presets and added in some of my custom patches made with just the synth engine on the deluge. Firmware was 3.14. I started working on a track but it froze when switching presets to one of my custom patches. I tried a couple more times just with a 1 bar loop adding random nodes and then switching presets and the same thing happened. So I noticed there was an update to firmware 3.15. I just installed firmware 3.15 and tested again. It froze within 2 preset changes multiple times. If I put in my original 32 gb card however there are no issues cycling through those same presets.

I've seen a couple other similar posts but none of the recommended changes have worked yet. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong here. I'd love to have the expanded storage for samples and sampling.

Thanks,
Mr Fork

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Is it possible you have some "hidden" files that make it freeze? Like the ones from mac os that start with a dot?

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

edited February 2021

I thought of that too. The drive does have a little partition of 16MB on it that says it's unallocated. The main partition though is clean. I have "show hidden files" enabled and there's nothing in the drive from fresh format. Maybe the 16mb unallocated space is causing issues? I'll have to see if I can figure out how to remove the partition.

Post edited by Mr_Fork on
    FrenchFrench United StatesPosts: 10

I ordered a Deluge last week and I have a 256g card here so I'll let you know if I experience any issues.

@French said:
    I ordered a Deluge last week and I have a 256g card here so I'll let you know if I experience any issues.

That would be great. Appreciate it and congrats on the deluge order.

I've done more testing on this. Here are the things I've done.
    1. Merged the small partition on the drive and reformatted
    2. Checked for hidden files after format (there were none)
    3. Copied over just the factory files. Everything from factory works as intended.
    4. Loaded 10 patches created by me on the deluge from my other 32 gb card (deluge locks up when scrolling presets)
    5. Removed the 10 factory custom patches. Everything works as intended.
    6. Loaded boards of deluge 4 (deluge locks up when scrolling presets)
    7. Removed all but 5 of the boards of deluge patches (deluge locks when scrolling presets)
    8. Renamed the 5 patches from the boards naming to "SYNT" and then the number like the factory patches have in the naming (deluge locks up when scrolling presets)
    9. Modified the xml files from the boards of deluge patches to match the layout of the factory xml patches(deluge locks when scrolling presets)
    10. Loaded 10 patches from boards of deluge 4 including the ones that were crashing before and change the entire contents of the xml file to be the same as factory patch 0. Everything works as intended.
    11. Loaded my 10 custom patches from step 4 but changed out the xml for the factory 0 preset as in the previous step. Everything works as intended.

To be honest I'm not sure what this means. On the 32gb card this all works without any issues so for it's not like I can't use the deluge but I'm not sure what could be causing the issue. Again deluge firmware 3.15.