Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

3.2 Firmware Tease (MPE Support)

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

This tease video shows one of our team from the factory, Fraser, having a play on a Roli Seaboard, showing off MPE support on the Deluge, which is currently in development.

In this video, you can hear the Deluge's internal synthesizer engine, with various parameters controlled by MPE MIDI input. From Deluge firmware 3.2, you will be able to set 'X' (horizontal finger movement), 'Y' (vertical movement) and 'Z' (pressure/aftertouch) as modulation sources and use external controllers to get full expressive control of each synth voice on the Deluge from the individual finger whose note it is playing.

Pictured is the Roli Seaboard 'Block Studio', but there are a range of MPE compatible controllers to suit various budgets.

Comments

HerwrHerwr New ZealandBeta Tester Posts: 9

Oh baby, my Linnstrument and I have been waiting so long for this. Thanks you so much - If you need an NZ based MPE beta tester let me know, itching to try it

keymankeyman Palmela, PortugalBeta Tester Posts: 30
    edited January 2021

Keeps on delivering ;-)! awesome!
    Since I got mine I always had the LinnStrument, Joué or the ContinuuMini connected to the Deluge, for simple things, now Deluge will be full "centre-of-the-world".

Post edited by keyman on
    Topo_ChrisGTopo_ChrisG San FranciscoPosts: 11

Thank you so much for pushing MPE forward. This is officially the first MPE Hardware synth with a USB host port. Can't wait to plug in my Linny with one cable and get jamming!

keymankeyman Palmela, PortugalBeta Tester Posts: 30

@Topo_ChrisG said:
    This is officially the first MPE Hardware synth with a USB host port.

??
    There are others ;-) but will be a very welcome addition

• Axoloti
    • Organelle
    • Futuresonus: Parva
      and some others...