β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

custom case for deluge - deluge CAD-model available

piflixepiflixe BerlinPosts: 5
edited January 2021 in General Discussion

Hi everyone!
I am still very new to the deluge and the community, so please excuse if this is not the right place for the topic. I am thinking of designing and making a custom case for the deluge. Features should be

• cover and protection for the deluge when on the go
  • compartment for cables (USB-A, adapters for audio out, etc.)
  • compartment for power supply?

Ideally, the case can be flipped or opened so the deluge can be operated within the case, could even be a stand - not sure if this really works out.

I would be happy to know

• something like this already exists
  • if anyone is interest in a product like this
  • if there are more ideas for a case and its features
  • if there is a 3D-model of the deluge available from synthstrom or someone else who already took the dimensions and put into a CAD tool

Looking forward to your comments!

Post edited by piflixe on

Comments

to whom it may concern:
    I created a rough CAD model of the deluge and started working on a basic case. Started printing it on my FDM printer.
    https://github.com/piflixe/deluge

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418
    edited January 2021

wow, is that a accurate model of the deluge? could you share it in a 3d format like .fbx, .obj, .dae or .stl?

Post edited by volsteh on

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

@volsteh said:
    wow, is that a accurate model of the deluge? could you share it in a 3d format like .fbx, .obj, .dae or .stl?

Hi @volsteh , great to see someone is viewing this ;-) Unfortunately, SolidWorks can't export fbc, obj or dae files. However, I exported STL files - first alle the parts came out in seperate files. Now I also added one stl for the whole assembly. There is a STP file as well if you want to give it a go in a different program like freeCAD and export the files yourself.
    https://github.com/piflixe/deluge/tree/master/deluge-CAD-model/export-files

Please note I did not draw all the small knobs yet but used a texture instead. This is sufficient for me at the moment since I only want to create a casing.

May I ask what you have in mind with the CAD files?

Thanks for this. Was thinking to make a detailed model of the deluge in blender for use in video.

@volsteh said:
    Thanks for this. Was thinking to make a detailed model of the deluge in blender for use in video.

cool. Have you already started? I think it would be a minor amount of work to model the rubber knobs in SolidWorks. When do you need it?

Not started yet, turns out when i import the stl-s there is no object, nor sure why. Think im gonna start from scratch in blender, doing it just for fun...