Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Custom back panel for changing battery quickly

henleybhenleyb United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 18

I designed and made a custom back panel so I can quickly swap the 18650 battery out for a fresh one in case I run out of charge when out and about. Beats having an external battery power bank and the wires etc.

Thought people here might find it interesting.

Comments

djAziddjAzid AmsterdamPosts: 199

That's pretty good B)
    Maybe you should sell the idea to synthstrom ?!

edited January 2021

@djAzid said:
    That's pretty good B)
    Maybe you should sell the idea to synthstrom ?!

:D Well, they're more than welcome to the idea. A properly made metal back rather than my plastic one and maybe with an upgraded battery like from a laptop (there's tons of room in the case) that accepts a USB-C charger. Then the Deluge would probably last a few days before it needed charging. :)

Post edited by henleyb on

Then the price goes up even more :*
    The downside of a longlasting battery, is that you also have to charge it a lot longer...

@djAzid said:
    Then the price goes up even more :*
    The downside of a longlasting battery, is that you also have to charge it a lot longer...

I mean as an accessory rather than coming with it and you wouldn't have to charge it to 100% if you didn't want to but at least the capacity is there if you want to leave it charging.

Well, you could make & sell it yourself.

n3ptun3sn3ptun3s GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 10

Would be great, if this would be released as an accessory.

AbortRetryFailAbortRetryFail FloridaBeta Tester Posts: 61

This is awesome. :grin:

There's something to be said for the simplicity of just swapping out one battery. There's plenty of 18650 chargers out there and adding USB-C an all that crap would just be more potential for ground loops or noise to mess up your mix.

SjonSjineSjonSjine NederlandPosts: 23

Yes!

GKRGYGKRGY Posts: 14

@henleyb said:
    I designed and made a custom back panel so I can quickly swap the 18650 battery out for a fresh one in case I run out of charge when out and about. Beats having an external battery power bank and the wires etc.

Thought people here might find it interesting.

I would definitely buy a metallic modded back panel from you. Or as others have said, this should be a factory feature for sure! Great idea. Not sure about the laptop battery. Having a few 18650 and a charger would be great.