Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Back Button Blink Speed based on Position

Preface: I don't yet have a Deluge, but I'm watching a bunch of tutorial videos to see if it can meet my needs. I thought I would share an idea I had while watching.

It might be nice if the back button blinked at a speed that correlates to the menu position depth.

Top-level = no blink, light is off.
Level 1 = perhaps the light is solid or has a very infrequent and fast blink.
Level 2 = slightly faster speed of blinking

follow that as deep as needed.

It might be difficult to know exactly what level your on if the blink speeds are too subtle, but even still I think it would be a more purposeful use of the blink speed that could be relatively helpful. There are probably a couple of ways to approach the speed, frequency, and whether the light is on and blinks off or vise versa.

I'm not sure if the hardware LED can be any color other than red, but if it can be other colors, using color to indicate menu depth could also be an option. E.g. the red could be very faint and get darker as you go deeper, or you could use a different color for each level. That would require the user to eventually memorize the color order and structure so idk if it would be as intuitive or helpful. But it's interesting.

fwiw, I'm a UX/UI professional with a focus on usability, so I can't help but think about everything this way lol. I can't turn it off at this point.

Thanks for entertaining my random idea.

Best,
David

Comments

p_watsp_wats TorontoPosts: 111

Interesting idea, though as someone who has been using their Deluge pretty heavily for a few years I find I barely ever use the menu itself. The shortcut pads on the grid are just so much easier to get right where you need to go without diving through the menu options.

DAMAGRDAMAGR United StatesPosts: 2

That's good to know!