β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

3.2 feature tease

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

So I missed the festival. I'd like to hear about the teased 3.2 features and haven't seen a thread about it here. On Discord I saw mention of Euclidean sequencing, differing clip lengths per kit clip row, sequence fwd, backward, ping pong. Exciting stuff!

Was there more? Was it evident how these features are accessed and controlled? Is there video available? Thanks.

Comments

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

The video is up

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

Thanks for sharing that.

It looks like holding the audition pad for a kit row causes the <> and ^v encoders to become Euclidean parameter adjustments, which seems great.

I wonder if Euclidean length is adjustable independent of row length.

Assuming the release of a note in one direction becomes an attack in the opposite direction (which I think would be the only reasonable approach), ping pong could give some interesting (not obviously ping-pong-ish) results with increased note lengths, including with notes that extend around the end of the pattern.

I wonder how clip play direction is changed.

Really cool stuff!

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandPosts: 614

Please don't try to guess the UI...it really isn't settled. This will be ironed out a little before beta-testing, then possibly changed during beta testing. haha, tried to not make too much of a point of showing what they were doing for that reason...
    Currently the UI (for our demo) steals the functionality of a much less important function, but yeah, we'd prefer to not re-designate existing functions, we've got a few ideas, our beta testers will chime in once we release this for testing.

staubistaubi Erlangen/GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 62

It's great that you are teasing these sequencer improvements so early before beta testing. The deluge sequencer is pretty powerful anyway but the new features will push it even further.

Brass side of life: JTK

Good to know UI is not settled. Thanks!

Ooh, I realized today that step automation of kit-level (AFFECT ENTIRE) settings will probably interact in some interesting way with varied length kit rows. I don't know if the automation will or should reside in whatever row it's dialed in on or at some higher-level (presumably tied to the length of the longest row), but either way it would allow the automation to hit different trigs on different iterations through the rows, lending a new flavor of variety.