‹ ‹
Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules & guidelines

NOV 28, 2020: Do It Yourself, Together (Synthstrom Festival #3 - includes firm 3.2 Tease) TRAILER

Ian_JorgensenIan_Jorgensen Wellington, New ZealandStaff Posts: 361
edited November 2020 in Events

A 3-hour streaming festival showcasing **40 **brand new, previously unseen, live performances on the Deluge plus a special tease of some of the new features coming in Deluge Firmware 3.2 (released early 2021).

Ticket must be booked, pay-as-you-like (no minimum).
80% of all ticket income gets split evenly between artists and 20% go to charity.

N.B: Firmware 3.2 will go into beta testing a short while after this event and it is hoped for a public release, early 2021

Updates for the event will be on synthstrom.com/TV
If you happen to also be on Facebook, the event page for it is here.

Andy Pidcock
Bay Mud
bello benischauer
Burnt Umber Penumbra
CasualError
CATCONVERTER
CtrlShiftMake
David Zero One
dirty_coat
E-Wan
Grains
HEELFACE
Hollsound
Icoustic
Ivan Ditscheiner
Ixindamix
Jeff Burchett
Jimantronic
Joe Sheep
John Trasher
JOR
kreativ_sein
MALLSEX
melokit
Monitus
Nate Strong
Oliver Rivo
Osrow and VJ Juladi
Piscis Vicius
QNDFK
Rudolph Rapid
Sam Wallace
SJONSJINE
The Hypnotist
Too Mere
Tristan Baldi
Tryangle Man
Ville Intevarame
WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY!

Post edited by Ian_Jorgensen on

Comments

o_oo_o Posts: 13

Looking forward to it 😊👍

I get a "Page not found" error on the link:

Tickets must be booked

@o_o said:
    Looking forward to it 😊👍

I get a "Page not found" error on the link:

Tickets must be booked

Thanks for heads up :) Fixed

o_oo_o Posts: 13
    edited November 2020

[EDIT] Nevermind, everything's good.

Post edited by o_o on
    amachineamachine San Jose, CAPosts: 2

Can't wait!

artsunartsun Marseille, FrancePosts: 28

Damn I missed the call once again! Too many digital solicitations these days...

AutomaticFormAutomaticForm United StatesPosts: 9

Will it be reuploaded? Looking for info on 3.2 teaser

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 305
    edited November 2020

hmm Video is on private. Sad didn't have time to join and wanted to rewatch because of the trailer. Maybe Synthstrom is releasing the trailer separate, if there is a problem with the songs and the licensing? Or .. I don't know ...

PS: Maybe someone with a facebook account could look on facebook, since there is far more communication what is happening, than here?

Post edited by OdoSendaidokai on
    neilbaldwinneilbaldwin UKPosts: 97
    edited November 2020

@OdoSendaidokai said:
    look on facebook, since there is far more communication what is happening, than here?

Literally the only reason I have a FB account as activity here seems nonexistent. Shame really as a) I quit FB three years ago and b) the sructure and noise level is better here.

Anyway, I can't see anything on there but then again I don't spend any time digging around because of the noise level there ðŸĪŠ

Post edited by neilbaldwin on
    OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 305
    edited December 2020

Thank you very much for trying to get some more information about it. This forum was once a very vibrant community ... but maybe it is ...

Post edited by OdoSendaidokai on
    edited December 2020

not releasing a proper tease showing things like UI and stuff until we've done a bit more work on that...I made a really scrappy thing the night before the festival to air at the festival, but that was rough-as-guts with me, lol, narrating live over some hastily recorded video with features only kinda working.
    I've put up a nicer video of a couple of local users having a jam with a few of the new features as a placeholder for something more indepth in a few weeks.

Yeah, the forums here are a bit flat. its been really frustrating, I do update news and stuff here but just nobody really engages with anything unless its whining about features :'( haha, so yeah, not the nicest environment.
    Most posts I do get no comments, sometimes a couple...whereas when I post on Facebook (2 groups and official page), Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube it stirs a lot more conversation. We've been working in the background to try overhaul these forums a wee bit and try get the community here a bit more cranking, was hoping for that to happen this year, haha, still a few more weeks....

The Reddit Deluge users and Discord Deluge chat work kinda better than these forums, haha, not proud of that, and I'd love to fix these given the huge amount of users signed up, but yeah, people generally sign up and never return because of how poor the UX is.

spoorspoor Posts: 1

As a new user - and non-FB user - I was wondering where the community was active.

Perhaps a change in forum platform would help a bit. I think the Lines forum is a good example - good search, easy to navigate topics and discussion chronology.

@Ian_Jorgensen said:
    not releasing a proper tease showing things like UI and stuff until we've done a bit more work on that...I made a really scrappy thing the night before the festival to air at the festival, but that was rough-as-guts with me, lol, narrating live over some hastily recorded video with features only kinda working.
    I've put up a nicer video of a couple of local users having a jam with a few of the new features as a placeholder for something more indepth in a few weeks.

Yeah, the forums here are a bit flat. its been really frustrating, I do update news and stuff here but just nobody really engages with anything unless its whining about features :'( haha, so yeah, not the nicest environment.
    Most posts I do get no comments, sometimes a couple...whereas when I post on Facebook (2 groups and official page), Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube it stirs a lot more conversation. We've been working in the background to try overhaul these forums a wee bit and try get the community here a bit more cranking, was hoping for that to happen this year, haha, still a few more weeks....

The Reddit Deluge users and Discord Deluge chat work kinda better than these forums, haha, not proud of that, and I'd love to fix these given the huge amount of users signed up, but yeah, people generally sign up and never return because of how poor the UX is.

Your efforts are always appreciated Ian 👏ðŸŧ😊

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,066

Thanks for your honesty Ian.

@Ian_Jorgensen said:

"just nobody really engages with anything unless its whining about features"
    Are you serious about this? What is your idea of good engagement? If you write it like that I get the impression good engagement equals to kissing your ass

I'd like to add I am very disappointed of how Ian expressed his view on this forum.
    I have invested a lot of free time to contribute and to fill this forum with what I understand as quality content.
    Answering questions, workarounds for software suggestions, discussing and linking ideas...

Sure, I get 100 times more visits from FB promotion for my YT and SoundCloud Deluge channels.
    Social media is better for promotion, who would have thought that.
    I had once a bug in one of my free multisample packs. The place where I got interesting feedback was here.

Thanks for all the good Deluge content here and thanks to Synthstrom for offering this platform.
    This was probably my last post here.

edited December 2020

Apologies @amiga909 I thought I was being clearly facetious... Sorry you read that as disrespectful, I can totally see why though, was my poor way of communicating.
    The problem with the forums is how we've set them up.
    Sorry, I should have included more emojis to show how tongue-in-cheek I was being, but yeah, as said, the problem is the entire UX of these forums. There is just no way near the level of engagement as on any other platform, and that is our bad, not the amazing people who have kept these alive for so long,

I try to be honest where possible and we have let people down with these forums. We had some second ones set up, but couldn't work out an easy way to maintain the current data and all the valuable stuff on here, transfer to new ones and not be massively confusing, so went back to the drawing board....still working on other solutions to make these forums work better for the community.
    Sorry for being a jerk :/

Thanks for your answer, Ian, all good.

staubistaubi Erlangen/GermanyPosts: 32
    edited December 2020

First of all: thank you for the third Deluge online festival! I really enjoyed the night!

And thanks Ian for explaining your point! The Deluge forum is not the only forum that has lost attractivity to users. I observe the same with other forums I am member of. If we like it or not forums have lost against social media that offer more bling bling.

I deleted my facebook/instagram accounts years ago. So i will keep hanging around here :) <3

Post edited by staubi on

Brass side of life: JTK and SHCB