Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Macros For Performance.

Not too dissimilar from the Elektron way of being able to have some macro performance controls available.

Would be super handy for taking the Deluge to the stage.

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

What exactly is it you're visualizing?

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

kinakina New ZealandPosts: 27

@Icoustik said:
    What exactly is it you're visualizing?

So, being able to have more than 1 parameter set to the gold knobs. It would be cool to only affect half the tracks with a LPF, for example.

edited October 2017

Oh! Thats very handy.

BUT - you can already do this with external midi control tho. I use the Launch Control XL, and f.ex. I've mapped one knob to several parameters and control them on the fly. That way I can keep the gold knobs doing specific single things and the external ones more customized, multi-purpose.

If you still had your Circuit, you could hypothetically use the actual macros (times 51 !!) to control the Deluge and set them to do whatever you want to :)

I bet you could also program your A4 to control the Delly with it's macros !

Post edited by Icoustik on

kinakina New ZealandPosts: 27

Not all of us are keen (or can afford) to just buy more gear. ;)

I am aware that one can use external gear to control parameters, but in my case, and perhaps others, just having a few key things to be able to set up as macros would be super handy.

Seen! Wouldn't hurt to just have the option on the Deluge :)

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

I'm surprised not to see more upvotes and discussion on how nice it would be for presets to be able to define macros, meaning using one knob to manipulate multiple parameters. (Maybe there's another name for this feature I haven't searched for.)

One way I imagined this might work is that Custom 1, Custom 2, and Custom 3 could be treated as mod sources. Then you could patch them to as many destinations as you like at whatever depth.

llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73

@duelinmarkers said:
    One way I imagined this might work is that Custom 1, Custom 2, and Custom 3 could be treated as mod sources. Then you could patch them to as many destinations as you like at whatever depth.

Great idea.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

not really practical though

That's a sweet hack!

An important distinction between that (or external MIDI control) and a macro feature is that a macro could have different depths for different parameters (exactly as mod sources do).

edited January 2019

yeah the more i think about it the more i like it. It would really fit the small space and presets would be more fun to play with.

UX idea for Macro control.
    in Sound Editor mode, select a mod target
    Select (currently unused) top left pad. Hold Learn + move golden knob

The currently active knob (for example Custom2) is then reassigned as a mod source and can be routed to most continuous mod target params like any other mod source.

There was a suggestion for routing Midi CC in the mod matrix. The UX idea would fit well for Midi tracks too I guess.

Post edited by amiga909 on

I've got my fingers crossed that the X and Y mod sources labeled on the 3.0 top panel will fulfill this wish. All we'd need beyond what existing mod sources support is the ability to make them LEARN destinations.

forgot to watch out for the new “x”, “y” at superbooth. havent seen it advertised either. could be real bomb.