Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Add more space (measures) at the beginning of Arranger View?

lowandslowlowandslow United StatesPosts: 29

Does anyone know of a way to add more space to the beginning of an instrument track in arranger view? Otherwise I have to move ALL track "over to the right" to make more room at the beginning...

Comments

NM - Figured it out. Hold Shift + H Scroll and it will create more space.

Actually I didn't figure it out... ugh. I think I found a bug. So it's possible to add more space at the beginning of a song in arranger view. And if you hold down the first track key and then rotate the H scroll knob, the track will move to the right, but not the left... I'm not sure why I can't move a track to the left? Anyone know how to overcome this? Without this feature, it seems pointless to add more measures / space at the beginning of the arrangement.

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Its not a bug, you're just confusing yourself - you need to scroll right before trying to hold the instance and moving it left. There's no space to go further left while moving the instance if you're already at the leftmost position :P

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67

@lowandslow said:
    I'm not sure why I can't move a track to the left? Anyone know how to overcome this? Without this feature, it seems pointless to add more measures / space at the beginning of the arrangement.

I think you need to be a little careful about moving to the left, it explains in the manual that "Moving the clips left - turn anti-clockwise, will remove any time available before the first clip, or delete clips as they ‘drop off’ the left side of the grid."

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

@joesh said:

@lowandslow said:
    I'm not sure why I can't move a track to the left? Anyone know how to overcome this? Without this feature, it seems pointless to add more measures / space at the beginning of the arrangement.

I think you need to be a little careful about moving to the left, it explains in the manual that "Moving the clips left - turn anti-clockwise, will remove any time available before the first clip, or delete clips as they ‘drop off’ the left side of the grid."

You're talking about removing/ inserting time (in the arranger), he's talking about just moving clip instances :)

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

joeshjoesh BrusselsPosts: 67

I thought about it because I was just reading that section of the manual the other day, but now you mention it I see what you mean. Oh, well ... could be useful for some else.