β€Ί
Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Updated with latest firmware and now cannot use any synth presets

HeeBeeGeeBeeHeeBeeGeeBee United KingdomPosts: 3

I just received my Deluge, tested that the synth sounds were working and then updated the firmware from the SD card but after rebooting I get the error FILE if I try to access any synth preset on the card. No sound plays at all. Is this a known problem and if so, what is the fix? Thanks in advance.

Comments

Actually, no matter. I scanned the SD card for errors in my PC and even though it said there were none, the presents are working again now when I reinserted the card. I still get the FILE error when I try to scroll below preset 0 or above the highest preset, which I don't remember it doing before but I can live with that.

volstehvolsteh CroatiaPosts: 418

Sounds like a corrupt preset, maybe try overwrite with the factory content from the synthstrom website. Also check synths folder, there are 170 factory presets

πŸ…½πŸ…ΎπŸ†…πŸ…ΈπŸ…²πŸ…΄ πŸ…³πŸ…΄πŸ…»πŸ†„πŸ…ΆπŸ…ΈπŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…ΈπŸ†‚πŸ†ƒ?

Yes, thanks - overwriting with the factory settings (I'd made a backup) cleared the problem entirely. I'm never entirely convinced that Microsoft aren't to blame for such annoying problems, which appear to come and go with the numerous and equally annoying updates. Lack of rigourous testing perhaps. Anyway, it's sorted.