Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

More punch with Saturation on the Low-/ and Mid-End

It would be amazing to either have a 2nd saturation algorithm to choose from or just an option that preserves the low and mid-end punch better. I love to distort my 909 kick drums like crazy but I quickly realized that it's not really possible the way I would like to have it. The problem is that either my kick is not saturated enough for my taste or it loses it's punch completely. For example:
I put the saturation on 4, which is not too high, here it's getting into the territory of saturation where it starts to get interesting for me, now I'd like to distort it a little bit more but on 5 it already looses so much punch it's not really working anymore. It's sort of too much and too little at the same time :( I know I can just layer two kicks with saturation on one while leaving the other dry, but I'd love to have some sort of saturation option like in Abletons saturator, where you can either make the kick just a lot louder or make it sound completly distorted and broken (which I love) ...

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Try the drive filter instead, fully open and just utlizing its saturation. It saturates according to the OSC volume level going into it

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

thehypnotist333thehypnotist333 USABeta Tester Posts: 27

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The distortion algorithm needs dry/wet control and maybe the option to switch between different distortion algorithms