Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Synthstrom has got me recording music for the first time in almost 20 years!

A note to say "hi"

Back in the late 1990s I made music using an Alesis MMT8 sequencer driving a couple of cheap digital synths and a Tascam portastudio - very basic sound quality but a lot of fun. Since then I have always struggled to recreate the immediacy of that setup and never had any luck actually finishing tracks using computer-based DAWs.

Last December I bought myself a Deluge and is has been a complete revelation! Writing music with it is so immediate and fun, and it invites experimentation because it's so quick to get ideas down and play about with them.

My workflow is to sketch out a complete track with the Deluge, convert some of the tracks to externally sequenced gear, record audio into the deluge, then export the stems into Logic for mixing and mastering.

Here is the latest recording: - please let me know what you think!

Comments

TVNoelTVNoel United KingdomPosts: 2

Another tune, this one a bit more aggressive. Really enjoying doing as much of the mixing in Deluge as possible and only exporting to Logic at the very last moment.