Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

How do I playback an audio file without it being time stretched or pitch shifted?

impurfektimpurfekt USAPosts: 22
edited June 2020 in Deluge Help

All I want to do is playback audio files (three files, each 1-1/2 minutes long) and have them sound normal but I can't figure out how to do it. I don't want them stretched or pitch shifted. I just want to play them back at their original speed and pitch. The manual mentions a variety of options but few appear to be available for Audio tracks. The few options I have are still garbling the audio.

I tried inserting one of the audio tracks into a kit but the kit just locks up. Is there a specific method I need to be using to insert the audio file in the first place?

This feels like a very easy thing to do but I'm having no luck and the manual is not helping.

Edit: These are audio tracks I previously recorded on the Deluge. All I did was create a new project and load them onto Audio tracks so I can remix them.

Edit: Okay. I'm making progress. I managed to create three different kits and assigned one audio file to one note on each kit. Then I set the play mode to "Cut". When I write a note the note makes itself the full-length of the track (assuming I've made the clip long enough) and it plays properly and I can play anywhere within the length of the audio file and it plays perfectly. This will get me where I want to go just fine.

I had tried this approach earlier but I was seeing "CARD" errors and getting lockups. I replaced the .xml files on my card and now kits are working fine.

Problem solved for now.

Post edited by impurfekt on