Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge MIDI Host & powered hub

MajorMajor United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 3

Hi

Got my Deluge on the way!
Since v3.0 it can now be a 'MIDI host' I believe. Does this mean that if we get a powered '4 port' usb hub and connect it to the usb port on the deluge, we can then plug our other modules such as td3, rd8 etc in the powered usb hub along with a MIDI controller (launchkey mini mk3) and play everything?

Or would you need to buy a BomeBox or ESI M4UeX to plug into the Deluge via usb first?
Just trying to avoid a mess of midi cables, merge & thru units now we have usb at our disposal.
Also considered the Raspberry Pi as another 'fun' solution.

Thx

Comments

armanarman CaliforniaPosts: 5

Hi Major, I hope my reply isn't too late. As I had to confirm the hard way, the deluge CANNOT get by with a usb hub. Thanks for your suggestion of the M4UeX

ceetronicceetronic Chepstow, South Wales, UKBeta Tester Posts: 62

Hello Major,
    Fwiw, I went the Pi route and set it up as a MIDI hub. Works a treat with the Deluge and 3 other devices.

Even went as far as configuring it as a wireless MIDI hub and it works with my iPad.

Good luck.

pmoneypmoney USAPosts: 5

I have successfully been able to use a midi hub (ST4202USB) with the Deluge. However it only works with some devices and only if I plug them in and power them on in the correct sequence.

I need to plug the powered hub in first, then connect all the devices to it, and then finally power on the Deluge. The Deluge must be plugged in to power as well.

My official Deluge foot pedal and Keystep will work, but not my LPD8.