Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Optimize kits - CPU usage

sojacalciumsojacalcium FranceBeta Tester Posts: 10

Kits with unused rows take up resources. This can cause audio dropouts. When in "record to arranger" mode, kits cannot be entered anyway, so why not free up the unused resources?

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Kits cannot be entered, true, but the samples are sitting around ready to be launched and streamed.
    You can conserve resources yourself by simply removing the unused samples - hold a kit row (grid, not aud.pad)
    and press Save/ Delete.
    Your songs save unique versions of presets, so no worries about deleting the samples as long as you don't overwrite the patches themselves manually

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@Icoustik I can bring back deleted rows by pressing an empty row. Does that mean CPU is saved? Or do I have to get rid of the samples permanently?

sojacalciumsojacalcium FranceBeta Tester Posts: 10

@lcoustik: thanks. I have been doing just that, but it's tedious. Say I have a kit with 15 samples, that I duplicate into 6-7 clips. That's 100 rows I have to delete every track I make. I duplicate the kit into separate clips so that I can mute them separately (kick, snare etc.). Do you have a better way to deal with this when making your tracks?