Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

STEP sequencing of long drone notes - Missing feature?

YW_NLYW_NL The NetherlandsPosts: 8

I seem to be missing a feature: The option of STEP sequence parameters within a long drone note.

Apparently you can only set a parameter change at a start point of a note (by holding that step button on the grid and changing the parameter) Or of course, I could live record parameter changes but this would result in smooth transitions. I want the abrupt changes of the STEP sequence changes within the long note. Can this be added?

Grtz,

YW

p.s. I know I could first make parameter changes in a chain of short noted and then change that to a long note, but this way I can not hear what the result will be. Working “blind”.

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

here is how

took my a long time to understand automation events. two caveats for me

• Step automation events are NOT removed if I remove the note.
    • At least 2 step automation events are needed in a clip, setting the first step automation event does not apply automation yet. The new pictorial manual explains it quite well.

can relate much to the „blindness“ working, step automation does not really help. there are some threads about a dedicated automation view, here is one.
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/899/step-automation-view-automation-drawing-track-long-envelope-drawing/p2

Hey amiga909,

Thanks for the link to the video. It is a usable work-around.

Still it would be easier to just be able to step automate parameters within a long note. If you agree, please give my original post an up-vote ;) ;)

Grtz,

Yuri

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

cool I could help.
    Upvote, nah, it is a good call but i dont like the solution as it does not help with my view: instead of adding more features to the current implementation, i could really use a dedicated view for automation events. i cant tell which automation is active without manually looking up every param that is or was learned to a golden knob.

hexagon5unhexagon5un MunichBeta Tester Posts: 121

Check out the newest video on the Synthstrom channel about playing around with the sidechain signal.

It's also a dirty hack, but it's awesome.

Hey hexagon5un,

I've just watched the video. Pretty awesome and wild but also a bit complex (also in possibilities).

My I dea is very simple: Just hold a pad and adjust parameters. Maybe not as deep but very direct/simple and fun.
    It works this way at note trigger points, I wish it could be made possible for positions within a long note. Very simple (I hope) :) :) :)