Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

True Custom Scales

2»

Comments

AndreasAndreas DenmarkPosts: 3

@amiga909 said:

@MPrinsen said:
    I think one more scale mode would be sufficient for me: collapse. This means you first enter a few notes in the grid without the scale, then activate the scale and all notes other than the entered notes are removed.

yes, that would be my preferred way.
    there has to be a way to add notes after collapse too. probably the easiest would be to turn off scale, add a new note, turn scale on again and then the new note is part of the scale.

+1

Useful when recording a drum kit arp from an external source. Lots of blank unused notes in the midi track. A "collapse" feature would be perfect.

The kit track cannot be used for this, because you have to select each midi note that you want to record first.

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

@Andreas said:

@amiga909 said:

@MPrinsen said:
    I think one more scale mode would be sufficient for me: collapse. This means you first enter a few notes in the grid without the scale, then activate the scale and all notes other than the entered notes are removed.

yes, that would be my preferred way.
    there has to be a way to add notes after collapse too. probably the easiest would be to turn off scale, add a new note, turn scale on again and then the new note is part of the scale.

+1

Useful when recording a drum kit arp from an external source. Lots of blank unused notes in the midi track. A "collapse" feature would be perfect.

The kit track cannot be used for this, because you have to select each midi note that you want to record first.

Yes!! You are totally right!!

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

yeah great suggestion. should it keep octaves in collapse mode? like if u have a3 in the collapse scale, a0,a1,.. are shown too? or just a3.

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157
    edited May 2019

@amiga909 said:
    yeah great suggestion. should it keep octaves in collapse mode? like if u have a3 in the collapse scale, a0,a1,.. are shown too? or just a3.

Maybe give both options?

Post edited by MPrinsen on
    PhilPhil MontréalBeta Tester Posts: 105

A fold/collapse option would allow to have 8 octaves range on one page and use that in cv track to draw 8v range modulation sequence. Too cool!!

NaderNader San FranciscoBeta Tester Posts: 9

+1 for microtonal tuning and scales

supchikovsupchikov Beta Tester Posts: 20

+1

AndrewChiAndrewChi BelgiumPosts: 12
    edited July 2019

@amiga909 said:
    wicked if Deluge would support scl files http://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/scl_format.html, the Aphex Twin thing :) gives a huge scale presets library

Yes importing SCALA scale files would be so HUGE!!! Polyphonic microtuning on the fly.
    Dreaming of a just intonation Deluge!

Post edited by AndrewChi on
    100000bps100000bps PolandPosts: 2

Pretty please, its so important to me too! +1, Just a Folded/collapsed view in grid/keyboard to chosen notes.

PhJPhJ near BrusselsPosts: 9

Another vote for this !

TUN format would be fine too (since we can export that from Scala).
    It's recognized by the U-he synths or TAL Software for example.

https://www.midi.org/midi-articles/microtuning-and-alternative-intonation-systems