Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

starting with an empty card and creating my own samples

bat_cancerbat_cancer Baltimore Posts: 14

hello
I'm wondering if there is a way I can start with a card without any samples or kits or anything. basically starting from scratch?
Also can someone point me to a clear explanation for the process of creating ( on a computer not recording to the deluge) your own samples?
thanks much
jjr

Tagged:

Comments

SamSam WellingtonModerator, Staff Posts: 160

Hi @bat_cancer! You could theoretically start from scratch if you deleted the contents of the SYNTHS, SONGS, SAMPLES and KITS folders (although don't delete synth0, kit0 or the firmware!) - I haven't tried this, though, so I couldn't guarantee that everything would work as expected. If you __are __ going to try it, do save a backup of all the SD files (just in case!) so if something doesn't work right, you can reinstate the initial SD files. Another (REALLY IMPORTANT) thing to consider if you try this is to not delete any of the folders the Deluge is storing stuff in. Just delete the files inside them you want gone (and even then, don't delete synth0 or kit0).

In terms of creating samples, I just tend to export things out from my DAW at 16bit, 44.1kHz, and then put them in a folder that goes in the SAMPLES folder of the SD. Other people might have better ways of doing this, workflow-wise, but that's the way I do it.

Hope that helps :smile: