Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Adjust parameters for all clips belonging to an instrument/track in arranger view

Too_MereToo_Mere Chicago, IL, USABeta Tester, Mentor Posts: 993

Many times, especially when making mix adjustments, I need to go into each section color to make an overall adjustment to an instrument.
It’d be great if the arranger view allowed you to hold the audition pad of a track and the gold knob adjustments would apply to every clip associated with it. One could still hold a specific clip pad in the arranger to make changes only applying to that clip/section.

Comments

I saw that headline but it's a little misleading because clones means something else now. I also agree with one of the comments about not wanting to lose the current flexibility.
    What I’m suggesting is a specific method in the arranger, not a change to the overall functionality.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@Too_Mere said:

I saw that headline but it's a little misleading because clones means something else now. I also agree with one of the comments about not wanting to lose the current flexibility.
    What I’m suggesting is a specific method in the arranger, not a change to the overall functionality.

Why do you mean clones mean something else now? The concept has never changed afaik.
    I agree the wording in the title could be easier and just be "all clips of the same instrument" or associated as u say.

i like your UX idea (hold audition pad in arranger), a downside is i have to assign params to a gold knob first when i want to batch edit but i could live with that. any sane way to align params in clips of the same instrument quickly would be very useful for me. all up for ur engagement about this.

Cloned instruments is a thing. If you load the same preset twice the display says clone. These are then on separate tracks. And I don’t think you’d want to change parameters for both. At least that’d be a different request.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@Too_Mere said:
    Cloned instruments is a thing. If you load the same preset twice the display says clone. These are then on separate tracks. And I don’t think you’d want to change parameters for both. At least that’d be a different request.

ah, got you. yeah, the Deluge terminology is a bit confusing here imho, the distinction between cloned instruments and cloned clips is not optimal. they could have chosen a different name for the "CLONE" option or change the term cloned clips.

an advantage to go for an optional way (instead of changing the default behavior as you say) is that it would make sense to include audio tracks and not limit to instruments only (instrument = synth, kit, midi, cv; track = instruments + audio). because a param like sample start would be a problem if applied to all clips of the same audio track per default. only real downside i see in your solution is not everybody actually uses the Arranger but not a problem for me.

Even if someone doesn’t use the arranger, it is a place where all clips are tied to one thing. This is why track naming exists there.

nigelnigel BelgiumPosts: 12

Big thumbs up for this one. Normally I use external gear for the sound generation. This time around I wanted to do all sounds on the D. I wrote a full song recorded in to the D and now I want to mix it only to discover I can only do this clip per clip. To do it this way would be true horror.