Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Mute Incoming Midi

faux_chateaufaux_chateau New ZealandBeta Tester Posts: 8

Hey guys, I've already asked this in the Facebook group, but was curious to see if I could source any more info/find a work around.

I am unable to mute any deluge kits that are being triggered from an external pad (the Roland SPD6).

My singer plays fills between verses, triggering whacky samples on said deluge kit, but we have different kits with different samples for different sections of a song. However this isn't working, as our mapped deluge kits cannot be muted when we change sections (colour groups).

Sorry if thats not clear.

Is there something I've missed here?

Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

I don't know of a Deluge-only workaround. The mutes within kits are muting the sequencer playing the notes, not muting the sounds themselves. Likewise clip launch state.

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

if I get your use case right, the only workaround I can think of is midi learning volume to midi. and mute/unmute kits that way. either Kit affect-entire volume or volume of individual kit rows (you can assign multiple targets to one midi source). then they will not sound when midi triggers them.
    another workaround could be to use subsongs instead of sections. for subsongs the midi mapping is individual. not optimal for composing as you can't easily copy/paste content from one song to anothe. might be a solution for a live performance setup.

faux_chateaufaux_chateau New ZealandBeta Tester Posts: 8

Thanks guys. Will keep thinkn of a way around this.

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

@amiga909 said:
    not optimal for composing as you can't easily copy/paste content from one song to anothe.

I didn't realize copy-paste didn't work across songs. 😦