Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Keyboard Mode Suggestions

Not sure how many others do, but I use the Deluge's keyboard mode as my primary instrument. I don't play piano, although I play a little guitar, and I've become used to playing all of my synths through the isomorphic keyboard instead. As such, I think I might have a little different of a perspective on the Deluge as an instrument.

Invert Scroll Knobs

The first problem I came across was that my brain wants the vertical scroll knob to go the other direction. When I turn the horizontal knob, it feels like I'm scrolling up and down the "fretboard" the way I want. However, the vertical knob moves down the "strings" when I want to go up. I realize this is perhaps optimal for the keyboard roll, but during performance on the actual keyboard view, I don't always remember which way is which.

So, it would be nice to have a setting to individually invert those knobs, at least for keyboard mode. It would be fine to bury this in the settings menu, since it’s not something that would need to be changed on the fly. It seems like a small change, but it makes a difference when having to slide to a note/group of notes that isn’t on screen in the middle of a performance.

Split Keyboard Mode

The 128 keys on the Deluge is massive enough to provide as many as five octaves at a time. It would be even more flexible if it were able to act as two separate 64 key keyboards, able to be assigned to two separate instruments. Perhaps the Shift key could be used with the scroll knobs to switch between which keyboard gets scrolled. And perhaps Shift + Keyboard while in Keyboard View to activate the split mode in the first place. Just a thought.

Comments

SiccaViccASiccaViccA OsakaPosts: 68

an interesting idea ,, tbh im a keyboard player of sorts '& hate the keyboard mode .. i think it should be called FRETT MODE n i wished theyd add a true keyboard mode at some time .