Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Checking instrument name in song view - lower time threshold to recognize long press

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129
edited January 2020 in Deluge Software Suggestions

When pressing and holding a grid button on a clip in song view we can check the name of the underlying instrument. If we press the clip quickly we enter clip view but holding the grid button long enough we stay in Song view.

My request is to lower the time threshold used to recognize a long press and not to enter clip view. I regularly do just a quick check on instrument names by pressing and holding clip row and this often results in unwanted change from Song to Clip view.

According to my draft measurements using a stopwatch long press seems to be recognized after ~0.45s. However a quick check on track name takes ~ 0.2s for me (I know tracks by the first four letters in most cases). A short press to enter clip view is really just a very quick click on grid button so there's room to lower this threshold, I think.

I'd recommend to lower the threshold to around 0.2-0.3s. A new settings option can also be introduced for this change with two values: DEFAULT (current threshold) and SHORT :)

Post edited by rudolphrapid on