Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Record overlapping notes

I’m trying to record a sequence from the beatstep pro into the deluge. This works, but it doesn’t record the slides because they overlap only a very small portion and apparently Deluge quantizes this even with quantize set to OFF. I can imagine that there has to be some quantization, since it is digital. But it would be great if the Deluge recognizes when a notes is overlapping another, so it can then extend the length to the least possible amount, instead of shortening it to get on the grid. This way, the slides are being recorded correctly.

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

Not sure what you mean.
    You have 2 consecutive midi note-on of the same pitch?
    Most synths perform an implicit note-off when a note-on comes along.
    Or do you have overlapping notes of different pitches? This should work with quantize set to OFF, I'd expect.

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

@amiga909 said:
    Not sure what you mean.
    You have 2 consecutive midi note-on of the same pitch?
    Most synths perform an implicit note-off when a note-on comes along.
    Or do you have overlapping notes of different pitches? This should work with quantize set to OFF, I'd expect.

Yeah I mean with different pitches.

Problem is, the part that overlaps is so short, even with quantize off, the deluge quantizes the notes so they don’t overlap anymore..

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

hmm.. unquantized resolution is 1/192 (http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/5543#Comment_5543). possible the tiny missing bit is so small? i would not know Deluge quantizes note length different than note start.

MPrinsenMPrinsen NetherlandsPosts: 157

Apparently the overlapping portion is smaller than 1/192. My daw does record it, but because of midi jitter it does not always correctly record it...

I also asked Arturia if it was possible to extend this portion, but no response yet...