Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deluge Bent/Warped

Hi all, I've just received my shiny new Deluge, and am really enjoying getting to know it. One slightly irksome thing with it though. Has anybody else had a unit that doesn't sit flat? Mine has a considerable wobble when sitting on a flat surface, as if one of its adhesive rubber feet are missing (but they're all there). Given that all the feet are there, it would lead me to believe that it's the case of my Deluge itself that is bent/warped. Obviously this isn't the worst problem in the world, and I can work around it by using coins to chock it up, but wondering if anybody else has seen this?

Comments

llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73

Same problem here, unfortunately.
    Love my Deluge, but really wish it would sit flat on the table.

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129

I also got mine in a bent form. Don't worry about it just apply some padding if you need it :)

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69

Here are the instructions to fix this that Ian sent me when I first got my Deluge and emailed him about it:

Hey manateemilitia, so it might seem odd, but the Deluge is malleable, designed to be such that if dropped, it can be twisted back to shape.

it will retain its shape once set right though unless given a knock.

So yeah, first just ascertain which corner is sitting up.
    If it's for example the top left/bottom right corners that are lifting up, stick a folded up piece of paper under one of the corners of the opposite corners, ie: top right.
    Then just push down a little on one of the corner ends that was popping up, ie: top left. Just give it a little bit of pressure - remove the thing pushing the alternate corner up and see if sits flat...if not, repeat and give a little bit more pressure.

Don't worry, you won't do any damage putting pressure on it.

llexamllexam USABeta Tester Posts: 73

@manateemilitia said:
    Here are the instructions to fix this that Ian sent me when I first got my Deluge and emailed him about it:

Hey manateemilitia, so it might seem odd, but the Deluge is malleable, designed to be such that if dropped, it can be twisted back to shape.

If it's for example the top left/bottom right corners that are lifting up, stick a folded up piece of paper under one of the corners of the opposite corners, ie: top right.
    Then just push down a little on one of the corner ends that was popping up, ie: top left. Just give it a little bit of pressure - remove the thing pushing the alternate corner up and see if sits flat...if not, repeat and give a little bit more pressure.

Thanks for sharing this!
    Worked perfectly.

youremostwelcomeyouremostwelcome AustraliaPosts: 4

@manateemilitia said:

Thanks a lot manateemilitia! I'll give this a go too when I'm back with my Deluge.

MarkMosherMarkMosher Boulder, CO USAPosts: 5

@manateemilitia said:

Thanks for sharing. I've been living with this for a bit. Worked like a charm.

Bay_MudBay_Mud OntarioBeta Tester Posts: 123

I can't believe it's taken me 3 years to do this to mine. Ha!

ckbarlowckbarlow Baltimore USAPosts: 16

Just got mine a week or so ago - and same - lol! so glad to find this thread!

PolyPoly Posts: 7

Works like a charm.

richardjneorichardjneo MelbournePosts: 7

Oh cool, mine was only ever so slightly wonky. Glad this is a feature not a bug 😁

WaboWabo RomaniaPosts: 3

Solved!

SlideRiffSlideRiff West Coast USPosts: 1

@manateemilitia Thank you for sharing.

I just received my Deluge and immediately noticed that it did not sit evenly on a flat surface. I used a guitar pick for the fulcrum (a coin works just as well) on the opposite corners and pushed down lightly on the high corners.

JR33DJR33D St Charles MO USABeta Tester Posts: 10

I had this issue too when I got mine. Put one hand on each side panel and gently twisted