Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Has odd time signatures been properly implemented yet?

LarsDanielLarsDaniel DenmarkPosts: 21

First post here. Got my Deluge yesterday.
I know I can shorten a pattern to say, 3/4 time, but if I want 8 bars of 3/4 it gets messy, because the 1 of each bar will be in different places.
I have searched if there is a proper way, but only threads from other users asking for the same.
So I just want to be sure, given the many improvements along the way, that there still is no proper implementation of non-4/4 time signatures?

Comments

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129

For non 4/4 time signatures you need to continuously count and calculate :) Whish we had much better support for it. There are several related topics on this forum.

LarsDanielLarsDaniel DenmarkPosts: 21

Sad. :-(

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

Specifically for 3/4 there's the alternative of using triplet mode. Then your measures correspond to screens, which makes a bunch of things work as they should. But the grouping of columns is funny and the metronome is playing 4 over 3. Still, I've found that preferable to odd-length measures.

regebroregebro Posts: 3
    edited January 2022

Has anyone heard anything about changes in this for 4.0? Because then I'd join the beta testing.

The major thing I really miss is the ability to change the time signature of the metronome. Yes, I know I can make my own metronome.

That I get one and 1/3 bars per screen I can live with, but having the display only use X columns per page would fix it. But I suspect that's a much bigger change, so I'm not expecting that any time soon. :-)

Post edited by regebro on
    percussijanpercussijan GermanyBeta Tester Posts: 50

@regebro said:
    Has anyone heard anything about changes in this for 4.0? Because then I'd join the beta testing.

The major thing I really miss is the ability to change the time signature of the metronome. Yes, I know I can make my own metronome.

That I get one and 1/3 bars per screen I can live with, but having the display only use X columns per page would fix it. But I suspect that's a much bigger change, so I'm not expecting that any time soon. :-)

Euclidean sequencing was, among other things, implemented with firmware version 4.

Every row in a MIDI,CV, SYNTH or KIT clip can have a different length now and sequences can be played in forward, reverse and ping-pong directions. With this you can build very complex musical structures and polyrhythms quickly.

Time signature will still be 4/4 unless you make your own metronome, though.

But I would highly recommend to check out the latest beta build. For me, it was a real game changer.
    You can go Steve Reich in seconds now :)

I might want to go Steve Reich in the future, but right now I need to record some shea shanties and waltzes. :smiley:

pogodancepogodance United KingdomBeta Tester Posts: 57

A quiet +1 for 3/4 support here, even if it was just in metronome clicks (up down down instead of up down down down so that working in 3/4 on 16 button width screens was a bit more intelligible when first laying down something). I can make some templates I guess but it's just interrupted me mid flow.

thethanxthethanx USAPosts: 9

I would also love to see proper odd time implementation. My group does a bunch of stuff in odd time and it would be nice to drop steps on the sequence while still having 1 bar be 1 bar.

ReplicaReplica USAPosts: 1

+1 for proper time signature support!

Gg_Gg_ New ZealandPosts: 1

ditto +1 for time signature support!

ZoliZoli Posts: 1

Hi everyone!
    +1 for implementing 3/4 time signature and other once too...I am new with the deluge but sincerly didn't think that cannot change the time signature. It would be nice also to be able to deactivate the metronome accent sound, to have only one sound for each step....

All the best!