Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Problem with Usb midi host

JazzmessJazzmess ParisPosts: 9
edited December 2019 in Deluge Help

Hi there,
Was just rocking déluge and quneo through usb midi host with the supplied usb adapter, and randomly the deluge would not detect the quneo. Tried with different cables, didn’t make a charge.
The battery indicator was flashing yellow and green.
Power supply is Roland Psb 230, which is the right polarity and amperage, so everything should be okay...

Post edited by Jazzmess on

Comments

IcoustikIcoustik NorwayModerator, Beta Tester, Mentor Posts: 1,017

Yo!
    Provided that all of the cables/adapters are fine and working correctly - the Quneo has a lot of LEDs, so its probably a bit too much for the power supply from the Deluge to USB devices, which is limited.

You can consider using a powered USB hub and a routing device such as an ipad/iphone + midiflow app

~ Distinguished Delugate ᕕ( ◎_◎)ᕗ

Thanks your quick response !!
    What is weird is that it worked perfectly before. I will buy a new cable and will test with another midi controller.

To think more of it, The only thing I did was to plug a korg padkontrol Via usb (didn’t work) and via midi din (here it worked great to get drum rolls :) ).
    Is it possible that I damaged the power supply from the usb socket when I connected the padkontrol via usb ?

Hi there,
    Just a quick update : the problem was the quneo. Had consistant results with a k board and another cable, so the deluge is not at fault at all here.
    Thanks for the support anyway.

Hello!

Oh, was there a hardware fault with the quneo? Or was it a setting?

harmonyunitedharmonyunited United StatesPosts: 18

On a different but related note, I've had amazing results using the RK-005 from retrokits as a midi swiss army knife for my deluge setup. Won't solve the power issue, but would be a hardware solution to having a fancy router like an ios device.

pitchblenderpitchblender Glasgow, ScotlandPosts: 24

The Quneo has a low power iPad mode - press the middle four square pads whilst plugging it in to micro USB and the LEDs will be dimmer. To change back just repeat the process. Hope this helps :)

HexodeHexode FrancePosts: 4

Hi there, regarding MIDI, I have a question: I'd like to connect a midi keyboard to the Deluge while it's being powered. To do so, in the FAQ the advise is to get a birdbox-like USB-to-9V cable, but the ones I find are very short because they are meant to be used with a powerbank.
    So my question is: in order to power my midi keyboard without relying on the battery I should find a 9V to USB cable long enought so that I can plug it in the wall via wall charger? Is it right? Or is there another way to power supply the Deluge while connecting a midi keyboard?
    Thanks a lot for your answers.

@Hexode said:
    Hi there, regarding MIDI, I have a question: I'd like to connect a midi keyboard to the Deluge while it's being powered. To do so, in the FAQ the advise is to get a birdbox-like USB-to-9V cable, but the ones I find are very short because they are meant to be used with a powerbank.
    So my question is: in order to power my midi keyboard without relying on the battery I should find a 9V to USB cable long enought so that I can plug it in the wall via wall charger? Is it right? Or is there another way to power supply the Deluge while connecting a midi keyboard?
    Thanks a lot for your answers.

You can use an extension cable for the usb cable to the wallwart or whatever in conjunction with the birdcord :
    https://ebay.com/itm/1m-USB-EXTENSION-Cable-Lead-A-Male-To-Female-SHIELDED-EXTENTION/352208106001?epid=1260316830&hash=item52013d3211:g:5wAAAOSwZtlaFXZV

Or get another DC power supply (center negative) to connect to the 9-12V