Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

midi track does not play back after unlearning controller

bryanbbryanb RI, USAPosts: 5

firmware version 3.02.

The problem: I am having a problem with midi tracks. After creating a midi track, after unlearning the notes controller, the midi track will not play back correctly.

To Recreate:

1) Select an empty track
2) Set track type to midi
3) On the controller, set the midi output channel to 1
4) Set the track type to midi
5) Press learn and a note button from the right-most column, while pressed, press a key on the controller
- The right column flashes to indicate it learned the controller
6) Select the midi channel of the sound source
- the source is an analog synth module
7) Press play and record
8) Record some notes
9) Playback the recording by pressing play
-- part plays back as normal
9) Press learn and a note button again to unlearn
10) Playback the recording again
-- notes do not play normally. Instead i hear short, faint, barely audible clicks that have some note value,
11) If I attempt to stop and restart playback, the first note is played back and playback stops.
12) If i press playback again, the deluge will emit a rapid stream of midi notes on the track channel that result in the sound module producing clicks.

I have tried this with two different sound modules with the same result. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

This might be a case for sending a song file to Ian or someone at Synthstrom. If it's not too difficult, a video showing you reproducing the issue might lead to a faster resolution.

@duelinmarkers said:
    This might be a case for sending a song file to Ian or someone at Synthstrom. If it's not too difficult, a video showing you reproducing the issue might lead to a faster resolution.

I was just thinking about doing a video. I want to run this scenario a couple of more times to make sure I am not just doing something stupid. Plus I want to try reproducing this issue in the least number of steps. I will get back to you soon.

I resolved the issue. It was a midi thru device connecting the deluge to the sound source that was causing the issue. I am happy to get back to having fun with the deluge. This is such a great product!