Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Copy and paste across songs?

SoundwreckerSoundwrecker Colorado, USAPosts: 13

I also asked this on the Discord channel:

Does anyone have a good way to copy and paste tracks across songs? It occurs to me that for playing live it would work best to take a song down to its beat and maybe something else, then load a new song with that same track or two from the last song enabled, and then manually fade in the new beat and tracks while taking the last track's parts out. That way you could smoothly transition from one song to the next, and while a set needs to be planned ahead of time it would work great. However, as it stands I'd have to create my songs in order, and deleting everything except the outro when making the next tune. This isn't really practical because I can't use songs I've already made. I've also looked a bit into editing the XML song file, but it isn't entirely simple. Thanks in advance.

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

There is no way to copy a clip including the instrument.
    Copy/paste notes/automation works across Songs, after pasting the notes/automation you have to manually select the preset.
    I am not up to date but i know Downrush had a function like this, works by modifying the XML files.
    Another "solution" is to buy a 2nd Deluge and load both Deluge machines with the same SD card content - solution in quotation marks ;-)