Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Software Requests

Major_DelayMajor_Delay Melbourne Posts: 10
edited November 2019 in Deluge Software Suggestions

Hello much Love for the Deluge but a few requests which I'd like to see come to fruition or at least Know if any of these are possible.

• Multiple Audio Outputs : the possibility to make the stereo into 2 X assignable mono outputs
  • Auxiliary Audio Outputs : the possibility to make the headphone output and/or the cv outputs into assignable audio aux outputs that can be "sent" from existing clips/tracks.
  • Song Playback : When in Song Mode be able to change between Song Sections before the end of the longest clip/track.
    For example change after 4 bars even though the longest clip/track is 16 bars.

• Song Section Colors : More Song Section Colors, which would mean more groups are available.
    So far I count only 10. (That could be wrong)

• Song Title : When in song view make it so the screen has the current Song title displayed and scroll.

• Important Midi Files1. : Make the Deluge able to read midi files imported onto the SD card - -
      (which i see has already been requested and taken note of)

Thank you for All your great work with this device.
MD

Post edited by Major_Delay on

Comments

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

thanks for your inputs!
    most people here file distinct threads for a feature request, so it can be upvoted. collection of suggestions tend to end up as vain endeavor. before writing a new suggestion, try a forum search or have a look at http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussions/top/ever or http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/2240/100-top-rated-suggestions

@Major_Delay said:

• Multiple Audio Outputs : the possibility to make the stereo into 2 X assignable mono outputs
    • Auxiliary Audio Outputs : Able to make the headphone output and/or the cv outputs into assignable audio aux outputs that can be "sent" from existing clips/tracks.

http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/10071 will never be possible with the current hardware.

• Important Midi Files : Make the Deluge able to read midi files imported onto the SD card.

http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/comment/9502 you asked that before :)

• Change Pllayback Mode : When playing live be able to change between song sections before the end of the longest track. For example change after 4 bars even though the longest track is 16 bars.

this is not how exactly section launching works by now. manual: "All clips in the section will become armed, to be launched at the next opportunity for the longest clip in the section to play in-sync with the longest already-playing clip." means it depends also on the longest clip in the armed section. this gives the opportunity to time a section launch (matters if section launch is timed at the beginning or end of the currently playing section) but i agree the behavior could be simpler and do what you describe. but u had to remove functionality other users may use and like.

• Song Section Colours : More song section colours, so more groups are available.
      So far I count only 8. (That could be wrong)

• Song Title : When in song view make it so the screen has the current Song title displayed and scroll.

AFAIK there are no suggestion threads for these 2. i'd upvote them!

SvenBlobSvenBlob FrancePosts: 2

mmmm.. If only this stutter could have several configurable modes !!! 🤔

SvenBlobSvenBlob FrancePosts: 2

And recordable in song mode, arrangement and in each pattern...
    It could be so great !!

Major_DelayMajor_Delay Melbourne Posts: 10

Thankyou @amiga909
    Duly noted on all accounts and grateful for your response.
    Note sure i understand what "upvoting" is nor how to do so.

Song Section Colours : More song section colours, so more groups are available.
    So far I count only 8. (That could be wrong)
    Song Title : When in song view make it so the screen has the current Song title displayed and scroll.
    AFAIK there are no suggestion threads for these 2. i'd upvote them!

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078

@Major_Delay said:
    Thankyou @amiga909
    Duly noted on all accounts and grateful for your response.
    Note sure i understand what "upvoting" is nor how to do so.

each thread has up/down arrows, each user has one vote per thread.
    to be honest, i bring up upvoting existing threads a lot here, and its not that important for Synthstrom, Ian said so. for me it is a motivation this forum has some merit and the same discussions dont always start at zero. above all i dont think this forum has a huge power to influence the development. i wish Rohan (the developer) could be more active here, i'd love to understand technical details and Rohans reasoning better. but of course i prefer he is working on code instead of replying to and endless train of ideas :)
    i believe it improves the quality of discussions if they are interconnected well. discussing suggestions helps me a lot to understand and learn the Deluge. sorry, if i seem to be the forum sheriff here, i am not :)