Deluge firmware V3.0.1 released
Introducing Deluge firmware V3.0.1 - a bugfix update to our V3.0.0 release last month.
Key bugfixes and improvements:
* Continuous layering overdubs now always have the same length as the clip they were created from. As opposed to basic, one-off overdubs, whose length may default shorter to the currently-zoomed screen width
* Fixed - if using swing, and if CPU load heavy, the tempo could drift slightly in rare cases
* Improved stability when DIN MIDI input overloaded with a lot of MIDI very fast
* Overwriting a song now writes the new version into a temporary file first, so in the rare event of a crash during save, the old file is preserved
* Fixed - analog delay on audio clips had far too little headroom, usually sounding completely distorted
* Fixed problem where MIDI input assignments to sounds within kits could get incorrectly copied to another kit when switching presets
* Fixed problem where at the end of an audio clip, even if it wasn’t going to loop, you could sometimes hear a split-second of its start again
* User is now forbidden from browsing into the SAMPLES/CLIPS/TEMP folder, whose contents are routinely rearranged by the Deluge anyway
* Added protection against malfunction if an audio file had been replaced with a shorter one
* Fixed sluggish response when simultaneously editing thousands of notes using cross-screen
* Improved resillience to SD card errors while recording audio clips
* Fixed stuck note bug when learning an incoming MIDI channel to a MIDI track, while MIDI thru is also on
* Fixed - recorded / automated MIDI pitch bend could get played back on the wrong MIDI channel
* Fixed waveform rendering bug where final column could fail to display
* Fixed rare crash relating to looping/overdubs when using CV tracks
To install the update, place the .bin file onto your SD card, ensure there are no other .bin files on there, put the card back into your Deluge, and then hold down the shift button while powering on. A spinning animation will display, and the firmware will be permanently installed.
Please take this opportunity to back up the data from your SD card while it's in your computer. Any storage technology can fail, and we want your art to be safe regardless.