Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

USB Audio Interface Integration

AndrewLevinMusicAndrewLevinMusic San Francisco, CABeta Tester Posts: 2

One of the only limitations about the Deluge I haven’t found a workaround for is the limited I/O. This can make it tough for live performance, as there are times I may want to send a few signals to whoever is doing sound, and in addition I may want more than two input sources.

One possible software implementation for this may be to have the Deluge talk with other USB audio interfaces for multiple I/O’s. Another possible solution would be a Synthstrom branded audio add one that Deluge owners could buy that would have a couple extra inputs and outputs. I would TOTALLY buy that.

Thanks Synthstrom for actually listening to your users. You are awesome, and I understand this may not be the easiest task ❤️

Comments

Praemolar24Praemolar24 DeutschlandPosts: 21

I use the sevilla-soft UHMR. It's a Midi-USB-Router for up to 8 USB devices. Maybe it helps

cflanncflann USAPosts: 2
    edited January 2021

I would love an add-on device with even just a pair of extra ins and outs. Then maybe an added shortcut for sending a track to the extra output.

Example: Set up the extra outs to go into my sp-404. I don't want all the tracks to go through it, so I up the send values for tracks 2 and 4 while leaving it off for 1 and 3. Then I could route the sp-404 back into the extra ins for a new track. Basically cue/aux send outs. Call it the Synthstrom Aqueduct or something.

Full audio interface support would be great, but a proprietary add-on would be just fine by me (and easier to guarantee support I'd imagine).

Post edited by cflann on
    soundframessoundframes ItalyPosts: 5

Audio over USB has been a dream for years. Even just wiring that into an ipad running AUM and effecting each track separately would already be a big step forward!

HotelsinusHotelsinus HungaryPosts: 29

I think it's a hardware issue, not a software only. so its really hard to make without proper hardware that support it

Phoebus1966Phoebus1966 AntwerpPosts: 52

@Hotelsinus said:
    I think it's a hardware issue, not a software only. so its really hard to make without proper hardware that support it

I think could be possible to add class compliant audio streaming functionallity via the usb interface but that would be at a high cost: limitation of number of synth/sample voices. The processor in the Deluge would need to run at a higher speed to maintain the number of synth/sample voices.

troxxtroxx ukPosts: 7

Not sure of what the technical limitations are on the Deluge, but the Elektron Digitakt didn't initially have Audio over USB when it was released (around the same time as the Deluge?), it was introduced through a firmware update a couple years later, if it isn't a hardware limitation then i'm sure we'll see this on the Deluge via the open source programmers

troxxtroxx ukPosts: 7

So I tuned into the Q&A stream last night, this question was brought up in the chat and it is not a hardware limitation, but it would be a large undertaking by someone because of the complexity of USB, so there is hope if someone is able to take this task on.