Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Anyone have photos of how the MIDI connectors meet the main PCB (internally)?

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69

I'd like to strip down my Yamaha bluetooh midi connector and jam it inside the Deluge case. Based on the one Youtube teardown video there should be plenty of space but I can't quite suss out how the pins of the midi connectors are exposed. If anyone has a close-up photo of these components I'd appreciate it (so I don't take the case apart for nothing at the end of it all).

Comments

FASTFAST CaliforniaPosts: 47

The pins come out of the back of the MIDI jacks and fold down to pass through the circuit board. There is plenty of exposure on the legs to work with and it can all be done with the battery replacement level tear down.

manateemilitiamanateemilitia Austin, TXPosts: 69

Great, thanks for the info. I'm gonna be giving this a go soon. The only unknowns are if the bluetooth midi adapter draws any significant current (which I doubt) and whether the BT connection is impeded by the case at all.

I should be able to do this non-destructively (to the Deluge) by soldering leads terminating in minigrabbers to the adapter.