Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

New audio track setting end position problem with retriggering the sample

When I opened the waveform view of the new audio track and setting the end (red cursor) forth and back. Every time I set the cursor on a new location, it triggers the sample to play from start (most of the time). And the disturbing part is, not always from the beginning. Sometimes after one bar or something, sometimes from the beginning . It is a very weird behavior.

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

Comments

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137

Being able to immediately adjust clip length to something more than one step different is new with audio clips, and I haven't tried it, but is the behavior similar to what you get on an instrument clip when editing length with Shift+<>? There seems to be some algorithm to keep the clip in sync with everything else, but I couldn't explain its behavior. I've sometimes instead cloned a clip and adjusted the length of the not-playing clone before switching to it, in order to get predictable behavior.

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

I know what you mean, but the beahviour of this "setting/bug" is unpredictable.
    If it would be like you described, it should'nt trigger the sample, when it is already playing (in sync)

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin