Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Deleting Recorded Samples

When I record samples there's of course several takes before I'm happy and I will end up with a pile of .wavs in my recorded folder.

Is there a way to delete files, without having to pop the SD card in a computer every time?

If not perhaps this is coming with the keyboard update in 3.0?

Speaking of 3.0, will it allow you to rename and move files into other folders so we can manage recorded samples without a computer?

Thanks for your time!

Comments

OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

+1

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

amiga909amiga909 Central EuropePosts: 1,078
    edited August 2019

v3 can delete files
    moving files around still needs a third party software or manual XML editing.

Post edited by amiga909 on
    OdoSendaidokaiOdoSendaidokai BerlinPosts: 326

There is the function "Collect media tool" you could use to pack all samples to your song and then delete the "recording" folder.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FAeJ5f1sl3kKJgvbKmGRe3PIMjkaYrh3eAXF05PAV6k/edit#heading=h.utwcy7kwrpsq

_Collect-media tool, for exporting a song
    This tool collects together all sample files which a song uses, allowing you to transfer the song to another SD card, or give it to another Deluge user.

When saving your song, after selecting the slot number, long-press the save button. A context menu will appear with just one option, COLLect. Select that by pressing the save button again. Now, as the song is saved, a new folder is created with the same name as your song file (inside the SONGS folder on your card), containing copies of all your song’s samples.

To transfer the song to another card or user, both the song file (e.g. “SONG100.XML”) and the song folder (“SONG100”) need to be placed in the SONGS folder on the destination card. The song can now be loaded from that card with all its samples._

Odo Sendaidokai from Berlin

Horrible_GoblinHorrible_Goblin CanadaPosts: 15

@amiga909 said:
    v3 can delete files
    moving files around still needs a third party software or manual XML editing.

That is great to hear! I look forward to v3! I can deal in the mean time.

Odo that's a good idea, I didn't think of using that feature for cleaning up sample folders but it seems like it would work. Thanks!