Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Is it possible to adjust recorded notes somehow?

rudolphrapidrudolphrapid Beta Tester Posts: 129

So I understand that we can neither nudge nor post-quantize recorded notes. Does it mean that if some notes are recorded badly by playing live we can only re-record the whole stuff or delete the wrong notes and input them manually to the sequence one by one? If so then the issue is much bigger when the notes were recorded using external keyboard with velocity info. In this case notes should be moved or copy-pasted along with the recorded velocity and length information. However if we can do nothing but delete the original notes it's difficult to artificially reproduce the original velocity and note length.

Best Answer

duelinmarkersduelinmarkers Austin TX USPosts: 137
    Answer ✓

@rudolphrapid said:
    However it can be helpful only if I want to move exisitng note a bit forward. In backward direction (so before the original note) no velocity data will not be available.

If you delete the badly timed note first, then notes you add to the sequence will have the deleted note's velocity regardless of where you add them.

Answers

OllieOllie SeattlePosts: 14

I concur with your observations. It would be great to move notes as well as copy and paste notes that have already been entered into the sequencer. And I believe there is a request for this in the Suggestions category:
    http://forums.synthstrom.com/discussion/1051/sequencer-editing-nudge-individual-notes-left-right#latest

Yes, I know about that request I also seconded it. I was just wondering what workaround you know.

pfrfpfrf ca, u.s.a.Posts: 165

This doesn’t help with the note length issue, but if you tap on a note to delete it, the next time you tap to enter a note it will be at the same velocity as the deleted note (last tapped note) is that correct?

edited August 2019

@pfrf said:
    This doesn’t help with the note length issue, but if you tap on a note to delete it, the next time you tap to enter a note it will be at the same velocity as the deleted note (last tapped note) is that correct?

I will give it a try, thanks. However it can be helpful only if I want to move exisitng note a bit forward. In backward direction (so before the original note) no velocity data will not be available.

Post edited by rudolphrapid on

@duelinmarkers said:
    If you delete the badly timed note first, then notes you add to the sequence will have the deleted note's velocity regardless of where you add them.

Yes! A viable option to fix note timing, I think.
    Thanks.

This is good for velocity only. However neither probability nor automation settings are copied (though the latter is handled independently of notes).