Please familiarise yourself with the forum, including policy on feature requests, rules & guidelines

Basic editing fonctions in TRACK VIEW

ClydePaquinClydePaquin Montreal, QuebecPosts: 27

I would REALLY like to be able to work more efficiently in the Track view, be able to insert measures, delete measures at specific places in the tracks, the same way as in the Arrangeur mode*.

I don't know anything about electronics or programming, but if it's possible to do it in Arranger mode*, ... like in a MIDI track, because one of the goals is to be able to edit songs outside a DAW. What gives me the most trouble is that often I want to insert a bar somewhere in a track, or I want to delete a bar... and it's impossible... we can "move" the notes of a track, but all the notes move...

*I know, I know... I should work in Arranger mode, I tried it several times and I hate it... I just can't do it... there's way more downsides for me... things get so complex in this mode when you produce standard electro-pop songs... the Arranger mode is really better IMO for those who do long live sets, when it's somewhat repetitive, for those who work in "loops", ambient, dance, techno or electronica live sets... Surely many producers of standard pop songs would say that they work very well with the Arranger mode, but I am just unable, the fact that changes made in one place change in other places, even with "white instances", I would just have white instances everywhere, but now if you change one little thing in a sound, you have to do it in all the other white instances... ) like when you want to make changes in velocity, variations in sound of an instrument, in effects, presets saved in one place but not in another (or the contrary?!).... so yeah,,, I just can't get my head around... (I think it has to do with the distinction made between an "instrument" and a "track") anyway, even for those who work well in the Arranger mode would benefit from these basic editing functions in Track view...

Thanks!

Clyde

Post edited by ClydePaquin on